The most difficult amongst all relationships is a long distance relationship. It is the case in which partners are separated by considerable physical distance. Long distances relations are becoming more and more a general phenomenon, with most of couples being apart from each other due to their career demands and work commitments. While development of technology has given a host of options to remain in touch such as mobiles, emails, online chatting and video conferencing, it is still very difficult to maintain a long distance relationship. In the following lines, we have provided a number of ways to maintain long distance relationships.
How to Maintain Long Distance Relationship
- Communication is very important to sustain a long distance relationship. Talk to the person very often, but make sure that each conversation is special and meaningful.
- Always discuss your expectations, concerns, questions and problems. It's very important to make the other person feel that he/she is very important in your life. Make your partner feel that though it’s a rare occurrence when you meet, he/she forms an important part of all major decisions.
- Try to do certain things together. It may sound weird, but watching a favorite television show together, while you both are over the phone, fills up swiftly for the emptiness.
- Give each other an important work, such as to remind you when you have to take medicines or to wake you up early in the morning. These small little things go a long way in feeling the person closer to you than he/she actually is.
- Have meals together. Though there is always the distance factor which remains in between you, make sure you have at least one meal together, while you are talking over the phone. Even if your partner is on the other side of the globe, you can have food together. While you take your breakfast, he/she might be having his/her dinner
- Give your partner a call at the most unexpected of time of the day. Do not go on to think that you are disturbing him/her. In fact, the fact that you took out time from your busy schedule would make him/her feel special.
- Tell each other about whatever is happening in your close vicinity. Share everything and be transparent. It’s the best way to make your partner feel secure about your love despite the distance.
- Do not forget to say the three golden words every time you have a conversation. It’s a great way to beat the distance.