Does the thought of paying hefty electricity bills scare you? Are you thinking of switching over to frugal ways of living? If yes, then resort to the renewable sources of energy - sun, to generate power for your household purposes. During the summer season, you can take the real advantage of the scorching sun, by making use of its energy. Solar energy is one of the abundant renewable sources of energy. Therefore, you need not have to worry about its depletion. Make use of solar panels, to generate the required electricity for your home. The investment done for the installation of solar panel would pay you back in terms of the energy produced by it efficiently, on sunny days. If you do not know how to install solar panel, then this article is what you need. In the following lines, we have given the instructions for installing solar panels at home.
Installing Solar Panels At Home
- The first thing to do is to purchase a small solar panel. For household purposes, 12-16 volts solar panel would be sufficient. Ensure that you buy the appropriate panel.
- Next, you would need a battery. Go for a small rechargeable battery, as it would prove to be the best for household purposes. You may opt for a 12-volt lead acid battery.
- The next important thing to purchase is a battery box. You will build the solar panel in the battery box. The box is especially important, when you have small children at home. You would want to protect them from the battery and the power it exudes.
- Go and get a DC meter. Be sure to purchase a DC meter that matches the voltage of your battery and DC input. The equipment is quintessential to convert solar energy into power.
- Now, it is the time to start the installation work. First, attach the DC meter and DC input to the top end of the battery box, by using a handheld drill.
- Connect the DC meter to the battery, by making use of an insulated wire. While doing so, be careful not to confuse the connections. You should connect the first wire to the negative input. By following the same procedure, connect the DC inlet and the solar panel to the battery.
- Now, you are all set to make use of your solar panel, in order to convert solar energy into power, for your household purposes. For the purpose, you will have to first close the lid of the battery box very tightly, and put the entire equipment under direct sun.
- After the installation, you will have to wait for about eight hours to avail the benefits of solar energy.
- Purchase the solar panels according to the basic need of power, for your home.
- While making the connections, be sure to connect the positive and negative terminals to their corresponding terminals.
- Do make sure to purchase an efficient DC meter for your solar panel.