If you are planning to relocate overseas, carrying your belongings with you would not be a bad idea! All of us would love to have a home away from home, even in foreign land. And, what better feeling than to be surrounded with things that we have grown so used to over the years, things that we value for their sentimental worth and some other things that are almost indispensable to our day to day existence. Now, moving your belongings to an international location surely looks like a daunting task. However, today, you have many international mover and packer companies who will gladly handle this headache for you - just for a fee! Right from packing to picking, transporting, shipping and filing appropriate paperwork to delivering your belongings overseas, such a company will take the onus of delivering your possession to you on time. However, before you hire an international mover, check out everything with the service provider, so as to not fall for any trap. At the same time, make sure never to obtain quotes over the internet. Rather, make sure the company is willing to come out to your home for a visual survey and provided you with the exact cost. If you are planning to relocate soon, the following tips will help you know how to hire an international mover. Do check them out.
Hiring International Movers
- When planning to move overseas, the first thing you should consider, before hiring the service of any international moving company, is to confirm that it has the legal license to ship your belongings. Some companies don’t have the legal authority for carrying out this kind of job. If you happen to go with one such company, you might end up losing your stuff. So, always ensure that you hire legalized companies for shipping your belongings, especially when moving abroad.
- Another important factor to take into account, when hiring the services of any international moving company, is to compare the tariff. Hunt for the best rates, before taking up the service. Consider issues like capacity of the liner, normal costs, best market price etc. before you make the big leap. In this way, you will be able to save both money and anxiety.
- Never procrastinate. Waiting for the last minute to place your order would mean a great deal of last-minute stress. Moving overseas involves lot of scheduling and proper work and placing an order at the eleventh hour is a bad idea. Just assess the total luggage that needs to be relocated and intimate the company well ahead of the due date, so that you don’t have to bother yourself with it in the last hours.
- When hiring the service of any company to ship your belongings, take care to check out their service efficiency. Is the company equipped enough to accommodate last minute hitches, is it open and responsive to your queries, and so on? Once you have zeroed down on an agency, take care to keep in touch with it for any last minute changes. Proper communication between you and the international mover who is handling your shipment is the quick answer to all your queries.
- Before hiring an international mover, check with the company for insurance. It is best to go with companies that offer insurance for your belongings. This way, you won’t have to lose sleep over the safety of your possessions. Insurance cost is generally calculated as a percentage of your declared value. Assign a realistic, replacement value to the items in your shipment.
- When deciding on the forwarder, go for a company that offers door-to-door service. There are companies who just deliver goods from port to port. Check out for companies that offers complete responsibility of your belonging, from loading at your doorstep to unloading at your new home.
- While relocating, you would like to leave nothing behind, from your plants to pets. However, there are a lot of things that cannot be shipped internationally like foods, plants and flammables. Most countries do not allow liquor, pets, firearms or ammunition also. So before moving, find out from your nearest consulate, the custom regulations of the country you will be moving to.