Since skin is the largest organ of the body, taking care of it comes naturally. Anyone can attain flawless skin with proper skin care, as beautiful skin is not the prerogative of models only. You require to spend 5 to 10 minutes of your time each day on cleansing your skin, as taking out lots of time to primp it up is not possible. Once you get into the routine, it is very important to stick to it; else, your skin’s appearance will start to slip as well. Another fact that most of us fail to recognize is that a few simple steps is all that it takes to get fresh, good-looking skin which. Read through the following lines to know some simple tips on how to have a flawless, radiant and beautiful skin.
Image: mat's eye@flickr
Tips To Get Flawless Looking Skin
- Ensure that you drink 8 to 10 glasses of water each day, to keep your skin hydrated. Drinks that contain caffeine and sugar, such as soda pop, should be avoided as much as possible.
- Include fruits and vegetables in your diet, to stay healthy. Eat five servings of fruits and vegetables every day.
- Stay away from greasy and sugary foods, as they affect your liver and aggravate oiliness, resulting in pimples and acne problems.
- Keep your skin clean by washing it twice daily and then make sure to moisturize it properly. This helps in keeping the skin fresh and supple.
- Keep your skin clear from dead skin cells by using a facial scrub once a week. Move your fingertips in circular motion, while scrubbing your face, without applying any pressure. This will make your skin beautiful and radiant.
- Mix baking soda with a little water and use this to exfoliate your skin once a week. This is best suited for oily or sensitive skin, since it is very gentle.
- Smoking makes your skin dry, tight and wrinkly. So try to avoid it as much as possible.
- Remove all your make-up before going off to sleep, each night. If allowed to remain on your face all night, it can be disastrous to your skin.
- Sleep is the most essential part of a beauty regimen. Hence, proper rest of 7 to 8 hours is necessary. It enables the body to replenish the dead cells, remove the toxins and help the skin regenerate.
- Use a sunscreen lotion whenever you move outdoors, as excess sunlight can lead to freckles, wrinkles and dark spots. Opt for a sunscreen that is free of fragrance and oil.
- Exercising is also essential to maintain beautiful skin. Take a walk with your dog or take some yoga sessions to see the difference.
- Bathe immediately after your workout and cleanse your body with an exfoliating wash.
- In case you have pimples, use tea tree oil, since it anti-bacterial and suitable for sensitive skin.
- Choose a moisturizer depending on your skin type and personal taste. Moisturizing your skin will get back the moisture lost due to the drying effects of sun, wind, cold, pollution and central heating. If you choose to go the natural way, apply some almond oil to moisturize your skin.
- Apart from taking multivitamins, include vitamin A and C and cod liver oil in your diet as well.