- Lifestyle Lounge
- Beauty & Fashion
Long, shiny and smooth hair tresses are what every woman dream of. We use a number of hair care and related products just in order to get that everlasting attractive look. Our hair is what defines our personality and looks; a healthy and glowing hair has been and will always be admired by one and all for its beauty and attractive posture. It is only the healthy hair that can be easily styled as desired and in order to get healthy, smooth and shiny tresses a hair care routine needs to be strictly followed. It is not expensive hair salon appointments and chemically processed hair products but daily care that will provide you smooth, shiny hair. There are many home remedies and natural ways to get smooth hair which if followed regularly will give out desired results. Surf through the article to get details on the natural ways in which you can improve the texture and appearance of your hair.
Ways To Get Shiny Smooth Hair
- The first step towards getting smooth and silky hair is to keep it clean. In order to keep your hair clean you will have to wash your hair properly with the right shampoo and then condition it using a quality conditioner. The conditioner you use is of great importance since it is the conditioner that will provide you the initial softness and fineness.
- Once you have washed and conditioned your hair thoroughly, it is time to get rid of excess of moisture. In order to get rid of excess of moisture, blot your hair with a towel. Make sure not to rub your hair with towel as it might tangle your hair. It is advisable to make use of a live-in conditioner on your damp hair to avoid it from entangling and to protect it from any damage or breakage. Also avoid the use of blow dryers or other heating devices like curling irons, hair curlers etc.
- It is better to nourish your hair using almond oil, olive oil or coconut oil. Massage the oil gently all over your hair. After massaging the oil, wear a shower cap to leave the oil over night. Wash your hair and rinse out the oil in the morning with the shampoo and conditioner.
- You can also use musk strawberry and a tablespoon of mayonnaise to massage your hair with in order to get attractive, shiny hair. After massaging the hair with the mixture, keep a warm towel over your hair and leave it for half an hour before rinsing it out. This will provide you with a rich glossy and shiny hair.
- Wash your hair only with cold water as warm water can prove damaging to your hair since it makes it hard. Make use of natural bristle brush to brush your hair which will bring shine to your hair by extracting natural oil from your hair. It is advisable to use a good conditioner to deep condition your hair at least once every week.
- Get your hair trimmed regularly to promote healthy hair growth. Getting your hair trimmed regularly will eliminate any split ends, thereby providing healthy growth to your hair. It is ideal to get your hair trimmed once in a month.
- Avoid using blow dryers and other heated hair styling products too often. These heat generating products can lead to great amount of damage, therefore you should try and limit the use of such appliances only a couple of times in a week.
- Invest in a high quality and reliable brand of shampoo. Buy a shampoo that suits your hair type since a shampoo which is not suitable for your hair type might ruin your hair quality leaving it dry and dull. If you have coloured hair, make use of a colour protect shampoo which ensures the vibrant colour of your tresses for a long time.
- Make use of a boar bristle hair brush in order to brush your hair gently. Using a boar bristle hair will spread the sebum throughout your hair which will make it appear more shiny and attractive. Do not brush your hair excessively since it might cause your hair to break down. Use the brush only on dry hair starting from the roots working your way from the ends towards the roots.