Piles or hemorrhoids are associated with the swelling up and inflammation in the veins of the rectum or anus. Hemorrhoids can be better explained as masses of tissues or ‘cushions’ inside your anal canal. These masses contain a network of arteries that physically support the tissue of muscle and elastic fibers. When any of these ‘cushions’ slip in the downward direction, due to lack of support from the tissue holding it up, the arteries and blood vessels in the ‘cushions’ become puffed up with blood. The blood and the bulging tissue can then enter the anal canal and cause problems. Usually, this painful condition occurs in old age. Piles are treated through both natural remedies and medical solutions, depending on their condition. Follow the article to know the causes of piles and find some effective tips to get rid of them.
The causes of piles are varied, but mainly anything that puts pressure on the abdomen is believed to facilitate the condition.
- Congenital weakness of the vein walls, which can be hereditary, is one of the major causes of piles.
- Piles in men are mostly caused by high pressure in rectal veins due to erect posture.
- Straining due to constipation and over purgation.
- Latent hemorrhoids can be aggravated due to dysentery.
- Hormonal changes during pregnancy and pressure on abdomen carrying the baby are reasons leading to hemorrhoids in pregnant women.
- Strenuous physical exercise and mental tensions are also responsible for piles in some cases.
- Cancer or growths in pelvis or bowel, which puts pressure on abdomen, is yet another factor.
- Prolonged period of standing or sitting in one position can put pressure on the abdomen and this can lead to piles.
- Obesity and perpetual bowel disorders can result in the problem of hemorrhoids.
Getting Rid Of Hemorrhoids
- Bathing with warm water will help ease the itching and swelling in the piles-affected area. This will also help clean any mucus or irritants from the area. Bathing in warm water several times a day will bring maximum relief.
- Your food habits also have a telling affect on the problem of piles. Constipation acts as a major aggressor of hemorrhoids, which needs to be prevented. Plenty of fruits and vegetables should be consumed to provide enough fiber to the body, so that the stool passage is easy. Drinking lots of fluid will also serve your purpose.
- Try using wet towelettes or soft toilet papers instead of the dry ones. Also, ensure that the wet toilet papers do not contain any type of perfume or alcohol, as it can worsen the condition of piles by increasing the itching sensation.
- For those suffering with piles, it is important not to sit or stand for long periods of time. Keep getting up from the sitting position after some time and walk around for a while. Standing for long durations is also harmful in the piles condition.