What is common between Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Angelina Jolie, and Megan Fox, apart from being good actors? It is nothing but their gorgeous eyes! If for one, eyes are captivating, for the others, they are rather alluring. It is said that eyes are the window to the soul. Nobody can disagree. Words can never quite express the same as the eyes do. The first thing that you notice about a person is his/her eyes. No wonder, why stars shell huge bucks on getting rid of those eye bags. George Clooney, who was voted sexiest man alive, twice doesn’t have those eye bags under his eyes anymore as he has gone under the knife for its removal. You shouldn’t be surprised as it is quite common for not only the fairer sex to take care of their beauty. In a world where most of the stars are blessed with the body of Greek Gods and Goddesses, not everyone is that fortunate. Eye bags are the first symptoms of ageing so not many give it a second thought of getting rid of them. However, eye bags under your eyes can actually make or mar your whole look. It can, not only make you look aged but also can diminish the whole effect of makeup and clothing. Check out how you can be rid of those unwanted eye bags.
Image: Carolyn Coles@flickr
Getting Rid Of Bags Under The Eyes
Eye bags or eye puffiness is a common problem with women as they cover their thirties. Given here are some ways by which you can get rid of those under eye bags.
- Soak herbal tea bags or green tea bags in water for a while and then keep them on eyes for 10-15 minutes.
- Try this to avoid the puffiness of eyes in the morning while you get up. In the night before you go to sleep, keep two tablespoons in the refrigerator. In the morning, keep those spoons on your eyes and underneath them.
- Cucumber is one of the best remedies. Either you can keep the cucumber slices on your eyes or smash the cucumber and tie this in a muslin cloth and keep that cloth on the eyes for 10-15 minutes. You can do the same with potatoes also.
- Squeeze cotton out of ice water, place it on eyelids and lie down for ten minutes.
- Cold creams can be applied to reduce puffiness.
- Cotton dipped in cold milk can be placed on the eyelids to reduce the puffiness.
Things You Can Do
- Try to avoid stress and get extra rest, especially during menstrual discomfort.
- Eat maple syrup, raw honey, agave nectar.
- Have enough essential fatty acids that are present in fish.
- Have more of organic foods.
- Take flaxseed oil.
- Have sumptuous whole grains, nuts, and seeds.
- Drink plenty of warm water. Avoid ice cold and aerated drinks.
- Caffeine and alcohol are a strict no-no.
- You can add coconuts, raisins, papaya, and sweet juicy fruits to your diet.
- Avoid using too much sugar.
- Red meat and heavy fried foods can harm you, so avoid it.
- Cosmetic fillers are a long-lasting way to get rid of bags under eyes. There are different types of cosmetic fillers like collagen, botox, juvedern and restylane.
- If you are looking for a permanent remedy there is nothing better than a surgery. The most common is the eyelift or blepharoplasty, where in a small probe is inserted into the eye bag that melts the fat. Any excess skin is pulled taut with a minor tuck.