“Good handwriting is the symbol of literacy”, said Mahatma Gandhi. We all have a temptation of writing better but unfortunately, some of us could not do it. Some of us even think that by using costly pen, we can write well. However, this has nothing to do with reality. A pen or pencil is not magical. It is your hand and fingers only that roll on a paper and do the magic. Now you do not need to look at your friend’s writing with tempted eyes. You can also improve it. Go forward and learn the tricks to get better handwriting.
Tips for better handwriting
Pleasant handwriting comes naturally to some people where as some of them get it by hard effort. Many people just keep struggling however, could not make it. In fact they do try but not in the stipulated or disciplined manner. You can go about improving your handwriting in several ways. It is not a heritage, one gets as a property of one’s ancestor. It is the outcome of the regular practice done in a well-planned way. Do remember, no one can bring sudden changes in your hands; it is an ongoing process, which needs rigorous practice. There are some points given as a guideline that you need to follow systematically.
Tricks to follow
- Take out the handwriting you like the most. This will set a target for you
- Choose a pen or pencil and buy a rule notebook, you are comfortable with, no matter it is wide or long
- Take a sentence of your choice and write it at the top of your first practice page. In every week, write the same sentence at the top of a new page. By doing this you can judge your progress.
- Start with letters and practice writing at least one letter in the complete page per day. Focus on the letter formation, how it begins, how it ends, what is its size etc.
- Do not jump on writing words until you make it all the way through every letter. Once you move on to writing words, pay attention towards character spacing, letters flow from one into the next, and the spacing you give between two words.
- Have an attitude of “never giving up”, keep your practice on until your handwriting looks as you wish it to.
Practicing is the only way to be perfect. If you truly want to improve your handwriting, you must devote your time on it as much as you can. You will find your handwriting has changed dramatically.