Do you dread wearing swimsuit? One reason may be because of your large pubic hair. Although most of us know about bikini wax, we mostly refrain from getting it, as is it painful and sometimes because of the fear of stripping in front of the esthetician. A clean bikini wax not only allows us to wear our favorite itsy bitsy swimwear but also helps in keeping the pubic area clean and hygienic. Although we may associate the word pain with it, it is actually not that worse, if you take care of some things. A bikini wax can be made almost pain free if you take care of certain stuffs. Read on the points to know how to get a bikini wax.
Tips For Getting A Bikini Wax
- If you are planning to get bikini wax for the first time, then you need to consider the pain. There is no doubt about the fact that it hurts and it may be very difficult to get it done. However, you could do some things to cut down the pain. Taking aspirin or ibuprofen, one or two hour before the waxing can help in alleviating the pain to some level. Also, choose a parlor, which is recommended by your friends and which is reputed, as pain largely depends on the method by which the waxing is done. The person who will be doing your bikini wax should be experienced. Never in any case take a chance with a novice beautician.
- Prepare for the wax by trimming the pubic hair prior to the waxing. Remember that if it is too long, you may need to cut it, however if the pubic hair is too short waxing would be very difficult and painful. Shaving the pubic area three weeks prior to your waxing is considered okay by estheticians.
- You should not consider bikini waxing if you are suffering from some kind of skin disease or if you suffer from diabetes.
- If you are planning to go for Brazilian waxing, you may need to trim the bikini area’s hair to about half inches.
- Avoid swimming or sunning before waxing at least for 24 hours. You may also have to avoid the same for few days after the waxing. Actually, you need to give the waxed area time to heal. If the area is reddened after the waxing, you may use ice to cool it down.
- After the waxing is over apply an anti-bacterial cream to avoid any kind of infection.
- If you are opting for a Brazilian waxing, you may want your waxer to leave a landing strip of hair in front.
- Hollywood waxing means waxing of complete area from the pubic area to the hair between the buttocks.
- Your waxer should be fast and generally, a liberal amount of talcum powder is applied on the skin. Talcum powder helps in keeping the hot wax from sticking to the skin.
- The waxing is done the same way as that for other body parts. However, you could also opt for hard wax, which is thicker and can be peeled off when it has hardened. It is relatively less painful than hot wax.
- Never opt for bikini waxing if you are menstruating, if you are pregnant, or if you are suffering from UTI (urinary tract infection).
- A nice hot shower before the waxing may also make the process easier for you. As waxing is easier to do for clean skin and it will wash away all the dirt from the pubic hair.
- You could also ask the waxer or the esthetician to use soy wax, which is tender on the skin. Remember that no matter what precautions you take, it will pain, and if you have low tolerance level then it is better to keep away from it.
- You could also tell your esthetician to do your waxing in patches. Remember the lesser time it takes, the better it is for you.
- Wear cotton underwear while you are going for waxing. You may even have to throw it away if wax gets on it. Therefore, an old pair of panties is good enough.
- Prepare yourself to strip in front of your esthetician. If you feel uncomfortable, in stripping then you could opt for a skimpy pair of underwear and the esthetician may work around the area.