For all the creative souls out there, we have an interesting piece of information. Lanyard stitching is a kind of braiding, which can be used for various creative purposes. It is a good way of making gifts and presents for your loved ones, such as bracelets, necklace, etc. Moreover, you can try different stitches to make all items look different and unique. Besides, lanyard stitches can also be used to secure your keys, cell phone, badge, or whistle. The best part is that it just requires the appropriate knowledge of the stitch and you can prepare beautiful items with it. To know how to do different lanyard stitches, read on.
Instructions to Make Different Lanyard Stitches
Diamond Braid Stitch
- Take a lanyard hook and place two strands of boondoggle (plastic lace) at the center of the hook.
- The left-most strands of both the boondoggle come from under the hook, while the right-most strands come from over the hook. Also note that both the strands of each boondoggle are together.
- Begin with the right-most strand and take it behind the two center strands.
- Take the strand around the center strands.
- Now, take the remaining left-most strand and wound it around the center strands.
- After this, pull both the extreme strands, to tighten the loops you have created.
- This will give you a pattern, which will be repeated at each step.
- Braid till you achieve the desired length and seal it with a knot after you are done.
Spiral Braid Stitch
- Take a lanyard loop and put two strands of boondoggle in it.
- Before start working on them, hold the hook such that you see their thinnest side. That means one of the strand will lie behind the first one.
- To start, take the right-most strand and take it around the two central strands.
- After taking it around the central strands, follow it to the top of the left strand of the central ones.
- Now, take the left-most strand and take it around the two central strands.
- After taking it around the central strands, bring it on top of the right-most central strand.
- This is the first step of the spiral stitch, which will lead to a pattern.
- Continue braiding till the desired length.