Feeling upset is quite natural. It comes to you automatically when things do not favor you or do not turn out to be the way you thought that they would. However, the phase should be temporary and not something that stretches over to a long period of time. It is very essential to learn how to control one’s feeling of being upset over matters or things, because being too depressed could hamper your behavior and thus, affect your regular mode of living. Read on further to find some tips for controlling your disappointment and depression.
Tips For Controlling Anger
- The best way is control anger to take a deep breath and count the numbers backwards, from 10 to 1. It would make you feel calmer in no time. Now, pick up the phone and talk to the person whom you are upset with and clarify all the issues.
- Write a list of things that make you upset and irritate you. Now, tear the page and throw it in the dustbin or even go for burning the page up! This might just give you some mental respite, as you are venting out your frustration by tearing or burning the paper.
- Do things that you enjoy. Indulge in your favorite past time activities, like singing, dancing, cooking, listening to music, reading or going for a walk. Do things that make you happy, as they will help you to take your mind off a particularly upsetting instance.
- Play a game or a sport you love. It would lighten your heart and would give a boost to your spirit. Exercise and sports are very rightly considered to be stress busters. They will also help you to distract you mind.
- Call your friends. Have long chats with them or even plan the day out. Catch up with them and do things that you love doing. Having fun with friends will not give you the time to think over things that make you feel upset.
- If you have the habit of maintaining a diary, write all that you are feeling in it right now. You might realize that you are feeling 10 times better after doing it.
- Make a list of things that you are good at and enjoy doing. Try refreshing your mind with your own positive qualities and things which you are best at. This would help you regain your spirit.
- If you are upset and angry about something, the best you can do is give yourself some space. Get out of the particular situation that you find unbearable and try to soothe your nerves. This will also help you avoid instant reactions to situations that irritate you.
- Analyze whether the matter is even worth being upset about or not. Many a times, we simply worry too much and waste a lot of time fretting over things that are just not important. Try to dispassionately analyze the situation that is bothering you. Most of the times, you will not be able to figure out any credible reason to be upset!