The advertisement begins with a model walking on dusty roads. She then reaches her apartment and is about to wash her face with a fragrant soap, when someone introduces a particular brand of facial cleanser. Next in the sequence is a computerized image of skin and a depiction of pores, with sebum and dirt that are washed away by the new cleanser. The model is then shown using the cleanser and her skin starts glowing like mother o’ pearl. The advertisement ends by urging all those who wish to look good, to buy the new cleaner. This is a common sequence in most of the advertisements promoting beauty products, including facial cleansers. These advertisements often have the power to turn the head of the most levelheaded person. After all, who wouldn’t want to have a glowing skin and flawless complexion like the models featured therein? However, there is a big difference between choosing what is right for you and choosing what you think is right. When the choice involves something as important as a facial cleanser, you need to take cautious steps. The choice you make needs to depend on your skin type, your choice of ingredients and, of course, your budget. Check out the tips given below, on how to choose a facial cleanser that suits your skin type and helps you look great!
How To Buy The Best Facial Cleansers
- Analyze your skin type. There are some cleansers that can be harmful for oily or sensitive skin. Avoid products that can make your sensitive skin inflamed.
- Avoid products that have alcohol as one of the ingredients. Alcohol tends to dry the skin out and makes one look older, quicker. Look out for labels that list out ethyl alcohol, isopropyl and ethanol as the ingredients and avoid them.
- Make antibacterial facial cleansers your first choice. These cleansers include tea tree oil, benzoyl peroxide or honey and are highly recommended, even for people with sensitive skin.
- Choose cleansers with the right ingredients. For example, you can try out a cleanser with Shea butter. Shea butter is great in alleviating itchy, irritated or dry skin. Avocado has vitamin E, which has anti-ageing effects. Honey is a natural cleanser, which reduces acne, wrinkles and soothes the skin.
- Always choose two types of facial cleansers - one for use in the morning and the other for use at night. Morning cleansers should be light and mild and the night one should be slightly harder.
- Avoid cleansers with dyes or colors, as these are likely to cause irritation of skin, especially acne-prone skin.
- If you wish to go in for soaps, avoid those with fragrances, since most of them are harsh. Rather, opt for soaps that are glycerin-based or those that have moisturizers in them.
- Ignore the hype and marketing that surrounds a particular brand of facial cleanser. Just because it seems to have worked well on the model, it does not mean that it will work the same way for you.