One of the most used eye cosmetics is Mascara. It is used to make the eyelashes thick as well as make them look longer. The application of mascara also defines the eyelashes and makes your eyes look beautiful. However, you have to make sure that you buy the correct brand and color of mascara. Otherwise, the effect will not be good, rather it will be disastrous. In this article, we have provided a number of tips that will tell you how to buy the perfect mascara.
Image: J. Weissmahr@flickr
Mascara Buying Tips
- First, you should decide on the brand of mascara you want to buy. It is advisable to go for the same brands that you buy in case of other cosmetics.
- Before buying mascara from the cosmetic store, make sure to have a look at its tester. It will give an idea as to its color, consistency and type of applicator
- Do not test the mascara by applying the tester on your eye lashes. It will create a mess and is not hygienic also.
- To know about the color of mascara that you should buy, check out your hair color. If you are a brunette, go for black mascara and if you are a blonde or have light hair color, go for the one in brown color.
- Next, you need to decide on the type of mascara - waterproof or water-soluble. If you are a swimmer or perspire a lot in summers, water proof mascara will be the best. For everyday use, water-soluble mascara is better.
- You also have to deicide on the kind of mascara brush you want. Most of the women go for curved brushes only. Straight brushes are good for getting to corner lashes.
- After you buy the mascara, immediately open it to make sure that it is not dried out or clumpy. If it is, get it replaced.
- Mascara usually begins to dry out if kept for more than three months. So, it’s advisable to replace your mascara every three months.
Best Mascara Brands in India
- Estee Lauder
- MAC Cosmetics
- Max Factor