Pool is no longer a game for particular sect of people. Pool parlors have invaded into almost everywhere as a great entertainment zone and are now making way in the offices and homes as well. It is a game of nerves which relaxes you completely. Pool games are the best way to beat the stress out of one's life. A pool table if a well maintained one, can serve a person his entire life. It would also provide options to play the game at all skill levels. Before buying a pool table, one must know the tips to buy it. Read on to find how to buy a pool table.
How To Buy A Pool Table
- The first step before buying a pool table is to determine the space available for placing the table. Pool tables generally are 7 to 10 feet in length and about half in width.
- The room should be big enough to have ample of place on all the four sides of the table. 5 3/4-foot clearance all around the table's perimeter is a must for any room.
- The next step is to set a budget for the table. You need to fix a certain range which you want to spend for the pool table.
- It is generally thought that second hand goods are cheaper but in case of pool tables, if you want to get a used one, make sure that the table is in a proper state. Moving a table a few times can put a lot of wear and tear on it.
- A little bit of prior knowledge would help you in the buying process. You should be well educated with the features of the pool table. Expensive pool tables have a lot of feature in them. Choose what features you would want in your pool table.
- Pick frame which are pre-built in a factory than those that are assembled in a house. The former are much stronger but if you have to bring the pool table up a spiral staircase you would have to go for an assembled one.
- Make sure that the table has slanted sides. This is because slanted sides are stronger than the other ones.
- The playing surface of the table is the most essential and important part of the table. Give keen detailing to the playing surface, which consists of the cloth, the rails and the cushions.
- Get the table from a good brand, if possible.
- Make sure that the installation of the table is done by a professional. This might turn out to be an expensive affair but would surely be worth the money as it would guarantee that table is properly put together.
- Take great care for the table as it is your lifetime friend.