Bringing something to someone’s attention may seem to be the easiest thing to do. However, depending on what you want to tell, it can become terribly difficult as well. There are times when you have to bring very personal and potentially humiliating matters to the notice of the other person and you would not have even done so, had it not been in the larger interest of the other person to know. Most of us are held back by fear of a negative feedback from the other person, a reason not good enough to resist us from fixing up things with him/her, since he/she might be very close to us. In case you want some tips to help you on how to bring something to someone’s attention, follow the article.
Bringing Something To Someone’s Attention
- Before bringing someone’s attention to something, it is always better to determine whether the person is interested to know what you have to tell. If you are not sure, you can directly ask that person whether he/she would want to know something that might be personal to him/her.
- Make sure that whatever you want to share with the other person is conveyed privately and not in the middle of a group of people. You can make the other person feel terribly awkward and uncomfortable by revealing certain things in front of everyone.
- If it is apparent that the other person is unappreciative of the fact that you have bothered yourself with something that concerns him/her, you can decide against telling what you want to.
- You can dig the other person a little further to know your future course of action. If the other person wishes you wouldn’t have told him/her, you can safely abstain from sharing personal and potentially embarrassing things with that person in future.
- It is important to remember that there are some rather humiliating things that people do not prefer to know through others. If what you want to share is something that falls in the same ambit, you might as well refrain from bringing that thing to other person’s notice.
- Sometimes, the matter that you want the other person to know is controversial enough to ruin your future comfort level with him/her. In that case, if you are not very close to the other person, you can get the matter conveyed through someone else, who has a closer bonding with him/her.
- When you bring something discomforting to someone’s notice, make sure that your clearly convey that you do not mean any harm to other person, or don’t intend to make fun of him/her either. Also, try to be as polite as possible, as your rudeness can hurt the person even more.
- Once the other person realizes that you are genuine in your intentions, you are surely going to be appreciated for your kind effort. Therefore, it is imperative to come across as genuine.