Whenever you throw a party, menu forms one of the areas that need your utmost consideration. This is because it is the party food only that remains etched in the memory of all the guests, for a long time to come. While a few faults in the decoration or the music would not be remembered much afterward, a flaw in the food will surely make your party memorable, in a negative way that is. While deciding on the main course and the dessert is not so tough, most of the people get stumped when it comes to the appetizers. This is where we come to your rescue. Go through this article and explore some easy and simple hot appetizer recipes, listed just for you!
Easy Hot Appetizer Recipes
- Uncooked Biscuits
- 20 slices Pepperoni
- 1 cup Ricotta Cheese
- ½ cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese
- In a bowl, mix all the three cheese together, so as to form a smooth mixture.
- Cut each of the biscuits in half.
- Place one half of the biscuits on cookie sheet, shaping them like calzones.
- Place one pepperoni on each of the biscuits halves.
- Spread cheese on top of each pepperoni.
- Now, place the second half of the biscuits on top.
- Place the cookie tray in an oven and bake at 350, for about 15-20 minutes.
Mini Corn Dogs
- 1-2/3 cups All-purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup Cornmeal
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Cold Butter/ Margarine
- 1 tbsp Shortening
- 1 Egg
- ¾ cup Milk
- 24 Miniature Hot Dogs
Honey Mustard Sauce
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 1/3 cup Prepared Mustard
- 1 tbsp Molasses
- Take a large bowl and in it, combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt.
- Add butter and shortening and mix till the mixture starts looking like coarse crumbs.
- In a separate bowl, beat together egg and milk.
- Add the egg-milk mix to the dry mixture and knead, until it forms soft dough.
- Lightly flour a flat surface and place the soft dough on it.
- Knead the dough well, say 6-8 times, until it becomes smooth.
- Roll out the dough, to ¼-inch thickness.
- With the help of a 2¼-inch biscuit cutter, cut the dough into circles.
- Place the dough circle over a hot dog and fold it over. Press its edges to seal.
- Grease baking sheets and place the corn hot dogs on top.
- Bake at 450° F for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- In the meantime, make sauce, by combining all the ingredients together.
- Serve the corn dogs hot, along with the sauce.
Apples and Cheddar Corn Muffins
- 1¾ cups All-purpose Flour
- 1½ ounces Yellow Cornmeal
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 pound Cored Apples
- ½ cup Corn
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- 6 tbsp Corn Oil
- 3 Eggs
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients together.
- Gradually, mix in the apples, corn, cheese, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Take another bowl and in it, beat the eggs and oil, together.
- Add the egg-oil mixture to the dry mixture and blend well.
- Preheat oven to 400o F.
- In the meantime, line a muffin tin with muffin cups.
- Now, pour the batter into the muffin tin.
- Place the tin in the oven and bake for 15 minute, or until the middles get cooked.
- Let the muffins cool down a bit, before serving them.