Waffles indeed make for crunchy tasty bites and a great snacking option every day, every where and every time. A modern-day avatar of the traditional wafers, waffles was traded outside churches on special occasions, back in the middle ages. Waffles, packed with butter or margarine and tasty syrups, are indeed a favorite with all sweet breakfast food lovers. Basically made of flour batter, these delicious bites can either be consumed plain or dusted with powdered sugar for extra taste and sweetness. Waffles usually stand out with their traditional grid pattern. They can be served with ice-cream, exotic syrups like maple, raspberry and strawberry, butter, jam, fruits, choco chips and more. If you love to hog on waffles, here are some easy homemade recipe for you to explore. Read on for tempting bites.
How To Make Homemade Waffle
Homemade Waffle Recipe
- ¾ cup Flour
- 1 cup Whole Milk or Buttermilk
- 1 Egg
- ¾ tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cup Cornstarch
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 ½ tsp Sugar
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- In a bowl, take the flour, sugar, baking powder, cornstarch, baking soda and salt and mix well.
- In another bowl, take the eggs, milk and oil and whisk the ingredients till egg and milk mix completely.
- Now pour the egg and milk mixture into the flour mixture and mix well.
- Preheat the waffle iron and pour out the batter in it.
- Bake till done.
Apple Waffles Recipe
- 2 medium Eggs
- 2 cup Milk
- 2 cup Pancake Mix
- 1 cup Finely Chopped Apple
- ¼ cup Melted Butter
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- In a bowl, take eggs, milk, pancake mix and melted butter
- Beat well until the batter is smooth.
- Add the chopped apple into the batter, together with cinnamon powder.
- Preheat the waffle iron and pour out the batter.
- Bake till done.
- Serve as desired.
Banana Waffles Recipe
- 3 medium Eggs
- 2 cup Flour
- 1 ½ cup Milk
- 1 cup Mashed Ripe Banana
- 3 tbsp Shortening
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- Syrup, to serve with
- In a bowl, sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, milk and shortening.
- Pour out the egg and milk mixture over the flour mixture.
- Add mashed bananas and mix well.
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Using half a cup of batter for each waffle, bake it till golden.
- Serve with hot syrup.
Belgian Waffles Recipe
- 4 medium Eggs (separated)
- 1 packet Dry Yeast
- 2 ½ cup Flour
- 2 cup Milk (lukewarm)
- ½ cup Melted Butter
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- ½ tsp Salt
- In a bowl containing lukewarm milk, add dry yeast, stirring continuously until dissolved completely.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks till soft. Now, add the milk and yeast mixture, together with vanilla.
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, sugar and salt.
- Next, pour the egg mixture to the flour and mix well.
- Now, stir in the melted butter and mix thoroughly.
- Beat the egg whites till stiff and add it to the mixture.
- Keep aside the mixture and allow it to stand still for an hour.
- Preheat waffle iron and add 1 cup of batter for each waffle.
- Bake till golden and done.