As the Christmas time comes near, you are busy decorating your home! You have all the questions going around in your mind like - what type of lighting should be used, whether or not candy canes should be made a part of the decoration, how much of the ornaments should be edible, and so on! In case you are looking for ideas on edible ornaments for your Christmas tree, popcorn balls are amongst the most popular ones. Not only do they taste delicious, but can also be prepared easily at home. These balls can be made in a very short time and offer great treat for the taste buds. The balls also can be used to decorate the home for the celebrations. In order to help you out with the tasking of making homemade popcorn balls, we have detailed some easy recipes below. Read on and prepare them at home to make a special attraction for your guests.
Easy Homemade Popcorn Balls Recipes
- 1/4 cup Popping Corn or Microwave Popcorn
- 1 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Syrup (optional)
- 1/2 cup Caramel (optional)
- 1½ tsp Butter
- 1/2 tsp Salt (optional)
- First of all, you need to make the popcorn as per the instructions given on the package. Make sure that it is plain, not pre-buttered.
- If you want, you can salt the popcorns at this stage.
- Take a saucepan and place it over medium-high heat.
- Put maple syrup and butter in the saucepan and let them reach a temperature of 250 degrees Fahrenheit, while stirring constantly.
- Now, mix in the caramel (optional).
- Remove the saucepan from heat and pour maple syrup-butter mixture over the popcorns.
- Let the popcorns sit aside for a few minutes, say 5-7 minutes, so that the mixture cools down a bit.
- Toss the popcorns with syrup and mold the mixture into balls.
- Place the balls on a buttered baking sheet or wax paper and let them cool down.
- If you want, you can drizzle chocolate syrup on the balls.
- Your popcorn balls are ready!
- 6 quarts Popped Corn
- 2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 tbsp White Vinegar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Light Corn Syrup
- 1½ cup Water
- Measuring Cups
- Large Pot
- Measuring Spoons
- Big Bowl
- Wooden Spoon
- Take a large pot and mix light corn syrup, water, sugar and salt. Boil the contents to a temperature of 260 degrees.
- Once the mixture starts boiling, add vinegar and vanilla, and cook until it turns to light crack stage.
- Take the sugar syrup and pour slowly over the popped corn. Stir the contents well.
- Apply grease on your hands and take some popcorn in them, after they have cooled down a bit. Shape the popcorn into the form of balls.
- If necessary, add food coloring to the syrup, to get popcorns of different colors.