Popcorns are delicious, low-calorie munchies and indeed, the most preferred snack food in movie theaters and sporting events. However, plain popcorn with its bland taste can leave you baffled and perplexed. In case you are wondering as to how you can spice up your popcorn, here is a respite. Try out something different by experimenting and mixing and matching to find new fun flavors. Given here are some recipes for preparing flavored popcorn at home. Go ahead and convert your ordinary popcorn into a delectable snack that everyone would love to gorge upon. So, the next time you have a party or occasion in line, be sure to treat your family and friends with some exciting and innovative flavored popcorn.
How To Make Flavored Popcorn
- 16 cups air-popped Low-Salt Popcorn
- 2 tbsp Butter (melted)
- 2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 2 ounces Romano Cheese (grated)
- Take a small bowl and mix together butter, Romano cheese and garlic salt. Stir to blend the ingredients evenly.
- Place popcorn in a large, wide bowl.
- Pour the cheese mixture over the popcorn and toss the contents to coat the popcorn with cheese.
- Transfer into individual serving bowls and serve.
- 7 to 8 quarts Popcorn
- 2 cups Brown Sugar
- ½ pound Margarine
- ½ cup Corn Syrup
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- Combine brown sugar, margarine and corn syrup in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Boil the mixture and check with a candy thermometer. The temperature should be between 234 and 238 degrees F.
- Add baking soda and salt to the liquid.
- Remove from heat and pour the liquid over the popcorn.
- Preheat oven to 200 degree F.
- Toss the popcorn well and bake for 1 hour. Stir after every 15 minutes.
- 12 cups popped unsalted Popcorn
- 2 cups Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Corn Syrup
- ¼ cup Butter
- Grease a roasting pan with cooking spray.
- Place the popcorn in the pan and set aside.
- Mix together milk chocolate chips, corn syrup and butter in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Cook the mixture, stirring constantly to avoid the formation of lumps. Boil the mixture.
- Remove and pour over the popcorn. Toss to coat evenly.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Bake the popcorn for 40 minutes, stirring after every 10 minutes.
- Remove and allow the popcorn to cool.
- Separate each of the popcorn individually.
- Transfer to serving bowls and serve.
- 2½ quarts popped Popcorn
- 1/3 cup Butter
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- ½ tsp Garlic Salt
- ½ tsp dried Oregano
- ½ tsp dried Basil
- ¼ tsp Onion Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Place the popcorn in an ungreased 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
- Place a saucepan on heat and melt butter.
- Add Parmesan cheese, garlic salt, oregano, basil, onion powder and salt. Stir well.
- Remove and pour the mixture over the popcorn. Toss well.
- Bake the popcorn at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.