Forget show time, its popcorn time! Now get munching on crunchy tasty popcorn anytime, anywhere with these easy to make, yummy popcorn delicacies. These simple, tasty popcorns are easy to fix and are perfect bet for anyone looking for a quick way to subside the hunger pangs. There is hardly any mortal in this world who wouldn’t go gaga over the mention of popcorns. The salty, tantalizing taste of popcorn is much enjoyed by kids and adults alike, making the snack as the best option for show time. Well, like most other people, if you too thought that popcorn was better suited for junk lovers and not weight watchers, here is a little trivia for you. Popcorn, which is widely treated as a junk food, is in reality one of the healthiest food you can ever eat. Popcorn is high on calories, proteins, vitamins and minerals that make it one of the most nutritious choices for a quickie. Here are some yummy popcorn recipes for you. Just dish out these yummy recipes to your kids and guests and get them popping over popcorn! Read on to get popping.
How To Make Popcorns
Chili Popcorn Recipe
- 3 quarts Popped Popcorn
- 2 tbsp Margarine
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Ground Cumin
- In a large bowl, take the popcorns.
- In a separate bowl, take together margarine, mustard, chili powder, salt and cumin powder. Mix well.
- Drizzle the dressing over the popcorn and toss well.
- Serve immediately.
Popcorn Muffins Recipe
- 1 ½ cups Flour
- ¾ cup Ground Popped Corn
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Melted Shortening
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Add milk, popcorn, shortening and whipped egg to it and mix well.
- Grease muffin cups and spoon the mixture into it. Don’t fill it to the brim.
- Bake it in pre-heated oven for 25 minutes or till done at 425o F.
- Take out from oven, demould and serve.
Caramel Popcorn Recipe
- 1 lb Brown Sugar
- 1 stick Butter
- 1 stick Margarine
- ½ cup Corn Syrup
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 3 quarts Popped Corn
- 1 cup Peanuts
- In a pan, cook together sugar, butter, margarine, salt and corn syrup over medium flame till boiled.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add a tablespoon full of baking soda to it.
- Take 3 quarts popcorn and peanuts in a large baking dish. Pour the butter and corn syrup mixture over the dish containing popcorns and peanuts.
- Add sugar to the mixture and toss well.
- In a preheat oven, bake the popcorn for 45 minutes in 250 degree C.
Popcorn Trail Mix Recipe
- 8 ounces Raisins
- 6 ounces of Dry Fruits like apricots, apples, etc. (diced)
- 1 quart Popped Popcorn (air popped)
- In a large bowl, take the freshly popped corn.
- Add diced fruits and raisins and toss the popcorn well.
Milk Chocolate Popcorn Recipe
- 12 cups Popped Corn
- 2 ½ cups Salted Peanuts
- 1 ¾ cups Milk Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup Light Corn Syrup
- ¼ cup Butter or Margarine
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F and grease the pan.
- Line the serving plate with waxed paper.
- In a roasting pan, combine popcorn and peanuts together.
- In another pan, take morsels, corn syrup and butter and cook in medium heat till the mixture comes to a boil.
- Pour the mixture over popcorn and toss.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from oven and serve on waxed paper.