In context of cosmetics, perfume comprises of one of those items that can be found in the wardrobe of both men and women. Be it winters or summers, night or day, wearing a perfume and smelling fresh can always make a person feel good about himself/herself. However, the exorbitant prices of perfumes are turning them into a luxury indeed. In case you love wearing new scents, but have withheld yourself because of the high prices, the homemade perfume recipes given here are just what you want. You can use these perfumes in diffusers, to scent body powders, in massage oils or as personal scents.
How To Make Your Own Perfume At Home
Recipe 1 (Spray Perfume)
- 3 drops Sandalwood Essential Oil
- 2 drops Vanilla Essential Oil
- 3 drops Cedar Wood Essential oil
- 15 drops Bergamot Essential Oil
- 1/2 pint (300ml) 70% Alcohol or Vodka
- Take a perfume bottle (with spray) or jar and pour the alcohol in it.
- Add sandalwood, vanilla, cedar wood and bergamot essential oil to the bottle and shake well.
- Place the perfume bottle in a cool, undisturbed place for a week.
- Shake well before use.
Recipe 2 (Spray Perfume)
- 2 tbsp Jojoba Oil
- 3 drops Bergamot Oil
- 2 drops Neroli Oil
- 8 drops Jasmine Oil
- 12 drops Geranium Oil
- 8 drops Ylang-Ylang Oil
- 4 drops Patchouli Oil
- Take a dark glass bottle, with spray, and pour the jojoba oil in it.
- Add bergamot, neroli, jasmine, geranium, ylang-ylang and patchouli oil to the bottle, drop by drop.
- Shake the bottle thoroughly, to make the oils mix thoroughly.
- Place the perfume bottle in a cool, undisturbed place for a few hours.
- Shake well before use.
Recipe 3 (Roll-on Perfume)
- 1 tbsp Beeswax
- 1 tbsp Almond Oil
- 8-15 drops Essential Oil (of yoru choice)
- 1 Container
- 1 Straw
- 1 small Glass Jar
- 1 Saucepan
- Take the glass jar and put the wax and almond oil in it.
- Put about one inch of water in the saucepan and place the glass jar n the center of the saucepan.
- Place the saucepan on flame and bring the water to a boil.
- After the wax has melted down completely, remove the saucepan from heat and mix the wax and oil well.
- Add the essential oil to the glass jar and mix well, using the straw.
- Pour the liquid wax in the container and set aside, to let it harden.
- 2 cups Distilled Water
- 3 tbsp Vodka
- 5 drops Lavender Oil
- 9 drops Chamomile Oil
- In a glass bottle, pour lavender and chamomile oil.
- Now, add vodka to the bottle and shake well.
- Place the perfume bottle in a cool, undisturbed place for 3 weeks.
- Add distilled water to the bottle and set aside for 1 week. Making sure to shake once in a day.
- Store in a cool dark place and shake well before use.