Eye primer, commonly known as make up base, helps in showing the true and vibrant colors of your eye shadows. It forms a base on your eye and helps you to smoothly apply your eye shadow, eyeliner and eye glitter. The absence of an eye primer eventually fades your eye makeup and it becomes greasy after sometime (say less than two hours), thus creating crease line in your eyelids. Eye primers make your eye shadow last throughout the day, without creasing or smudging and give your face an overall finished look. Since eye shadow primers are quite expensive to buy, why not prepare one at your home and enjoy all the benefits at a low price. Read on further to know how to make homemade eye primer.
How To Make Your Own Eye Shadow Primer
- 1 tsp Thick Cream or Moisturizer or Body Butter
- Small amount of Cold Cream
- Liquid Foundation
- Take a small bowl and mix together body butter, cold cream and liquid foundation.
- Transfer the prepared eye primer into a clean empty jar and store in the refrigerator.
- Use as and when you desire.
- 1 part Liquid Concealer
- 1 part Liquid Foundation
- 2 parts Unscented Body Butter
- Take a jar and squeeze out liquid concealer into it, so that it is ¼ filled.
- Add in the liquid foundation to another ¼ of the jar, to make the jar is half filled.
- Mix the liquid concealer and liquid foundation, using a toothpick.
- Fill the remaining half jar with unscented body butter.
- Mix the contents thoroughly with the toothpick, to ensure that there are no lumps or bubbles.
- Liquid Foundation
- Facial Moisturizer
- Place one part of liquid foundation in an airtight container.
- Add in the facial moisturizer, as much as twice the amount of liquid foundation used.
- Mix both the ingredients together and cover the container with a lid.
- Clean and dry your eyelids before applying eye makeup.
- Place some homemade eye primer on your fingertips and apply it evenly to your eyelids.
- Apply your eye shadow to your eyes, followed by eyeliner.
- The eye shadow will stay on for the whole day without any touch ups.
- In case you have extra oily skin, dab a tissue paper to absorb the oil.