The most visible feature of good health and beauty is the skin. Skin is also the barometer through which you can gauge the overall health of the body. That is why people are attracted to those with healthy skin. A skin that is clear and free from blemishes is not just a gift of nature, but it is the result of constant care and a healthy diet. Nowadays, the massive pollution has compounded the matters further and so more and more people are turning to the pull of ads, which sell products that promise to give you the type of skin that models and celebrities are blessed with. Skin care is a massive market and one look at the choices on offer can overwhelm you. There is a prevalent myth that healthy and glowing skin can only be had through these skin care products as they are thought to be developed by thorough research and contains all those ingredients that are necessary for the health of the skin. People prefer the chemical route, as those are easy to apply, proclaim magical results, and come in fancy packings. The herbal recipes, which were the mainstay of traditional medicines in olden times, are now ousted, as herbs are often uninspiring, boring, don’t offer all the miraculous results, unless applied regularly and need quite a lot of effort for getting beautiful skin. However, it is tried and tested in a variety of diseases and disorders and the best part about herbs is that they offer no or very little side effects. Using herbs for a healthy skin is thus a safe and wise bet.
Herbal Remedies For Healthy Skin
- The dandelion root is rich in detoxifying properties, and so it is excellent for the treatment of skin blemishes. The root of dandelion is very effective in clearing up the skin of acne, eczema, and other skin eruptions. It is a rich source of potassium and other minerals like calcium, sodium, and sulphur.
- The roots and leaves of burdock plant have been used for centuries to treat various skin ailments like skin cancer, eczema, and acne. Because of its antibiotic properties, the root of this plant is very good for a healthy skin. It also enhances the smoothness of the skin.
- Another herb that is very good for healthy skin is the yellow dock. It is a systemic toner, which when combined with another herb sarsaparilla, treats many chronic skin disorders. The yellow dock herb is very rich in astringent and antimicrobial properties that provide relief from eczema, skin rashes, and psoriasis.
- Sarsaparilla is a vine that is a very good blood purifier and so it is very beneficial for healthy skin. This herb cleans the blood of endotoxins, maintaining the healthy skin. High endotoxins levels in the blood are responsible for various skin disorders like eczema, and psoriasis.
- Purple cornflower is a herb that stimulates the immune system and also increases the production of the white blood cells. Thus, it prevents the bacteria and viruses from getting into the cells and causing inflammatory conditions in the skin. It is also effective in relieving many skin disorders.
- The intake of licorice in recommended quantities reduces the inflammation and redness of the skin. It can also be used to treat dermatitis and other skin infections. Licorice is also a very effective skin lightener and is widely used in cosmetics.
- Atlantic Kelp contains some compounds like polygalactosides, fucose polymers and ursolic acid, which are very essential for maintaining healthy skin. The amino acids found in these compounds maintain the elasticity of the skin and also improve the hydration. It purifies and detoxifies the blood and so is very necessary for healthy skin.
- Cayenne is rich in capsaicin, which stimulates and assists the movement of ingredients to the pores and sebaceous glands of the skin. As such, it greatly relieves the itching and inflammation of the skin.
- The lavender herb soothes and relaxes the skin and so it is very good in healing the skin wounds, irritation, and rashes.
- Fennel is the best herb to treat wrinkles and other age related skin disorders. It also protects the skin from the sun and other environmental damages.