Like emoticons that are used to convey our emotions in the online world, greeting cards are used to show our love and emotions to those we treasure. Through the use of imagery and words, we express our feelings, which are sent across as a special message. The use of greeting cards to spread goodwill is fairly ancient. The early Egyptians used papyrus scrolls to greet their fellows, while the early Chinese celebrated their New Year by sending greeting cards. Nowadays, greeting cards have become a part and parcel of any event or festival. For some, it is even a big task, as considerable amount of time must be spent on selecting the right card for the right person. What makes greeting cards popular is the use of attractive images and delightful quotes to send across the spirit and joy of an occasion. The sayings written therein should always reflect the state of your happiness and the ecstasy you wish to convey. You can also make your own greeting cards, which is a very interesting pastime, giving a vent to your creativity, and also adding a personal touch to your greeting. Greeting cards give more joy when they come from long distance and in the mail box, since it shows that the person remebers you over the great distance as well. To help you send effective greeting cards, we have listed some of the best sayings in the lines below. Read on & take your pick!
Cute Sayings For Greeting Cards
- Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.
- A birthday is just the first day of another 365-day journey around the sun. Enjoy the trip.
- A true friend remembers your birthday, but not your age.
- Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young.
- Today, be aware of how you are spending your 1,440 beautiful moments, and spend them wisely.
- Last week, the candle factory burned down. Everyone just stood around and sang "Happy Birthday.
- Old age isn't so bad when you consider the alternatives.
- You know you are getting old when the candles cost more than the cake.
- Hope your birthday gently breezes into your life all the choicest of things and all that your heart holds dear have a fun- filled day.
- If there's something that you're dreaming of, then may it all come true, because you deserve it all...Happy Birthday.
- Your birthday is a special time to celebrate the Gift of 'you' to the World.
- May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.
- All of us are joining in to say, that May the year which your birthday begins, brings all the special things that mean the most to you!
- Your Birthday is a special day, one that's just for you, a time for doing everything, you have always wanted to do...
- Sing a song of Birthdays full of fun and cheer and may you keep on having them for many a happy year.
Christmas Card Sayings
- Bless us Lord, this Christmas, with quietness of mind; teach us to be patient and always to be kind.
- Peace on earth will come to stay, when we live Christmas every day.
- At Christmas play and make good cheer, For Christmas comes but once a year.
- A Christmas candle is a lovely thing; it makes no noise at all, but softly gives itself away; while quite unselfish, it grows small.
- A little smile, a word of cheer, A bit of love from someone near, a little gift from one held dear, Best wishes for the coming year… These make a Merry Christmas!
New Year Card Sayings
- Drop the last year into the silent limbo of the past. Let it go, for it was imperfect, and thank God that it can go.
- New Year's Day is every man's birthday.
- Cheers to a New Year and another chance for us to get it right.
- In the New Year, may your right hand always be stretched out in friendship, never in want.
- Of all sound of all bells, the most solemn and touching is the peal which rings out the Old Year.