There are many fun ideas that can be tried to make interesting Girl Scout crafts. In fact, they can be even used a gifts to surprise friends and family and can be put on display in the living room. The material for making such crafts are easily available and do no require any expensive purchase from the market. Scout crafts can be a very innovative activity for creatively inclined minds. The article brings you some wonderful Scout Craft ideas, especially for girls. Read on and try them to have some creative fun.
Girl Scout Craft Ideas
Pinecone Bird Feeder
- Pine cone
- Paper plate
- Butter knife
- Smooth peanut butter
- Ribbon or yarn
- Take the ribbon or yarn and cut a long piece to hang the bird feeder.
- Now, using the ribbon to tie a knot on the top of the pine cone.
- Also, tie a knot at the end of the ribbon.
- Take a large clump of peanut butter on the paper plate using a knife.
- Spread the butter inside the pinecone and around its edges with the help of the knife.
- Sprinkle some bird seed over the pinecone.
- Spread the bird seed in the plate and roll the pinecone over it.
- Now, hang the bird feeder on the tree and wait for the birds to flock it!
Easy Spring Flowers
- Newspapers or protective cover for work area
- Coffee filters
- Bumpy chenille stem (or regular chenille stem)
- Spread newspapers on the area where you are going to work.
- Take about 5-7 coffee filters and color them using the markers.
- Detailed drawings are not required in this craft as they are knot going to show once it is completed. Even random markings will do the job.
- Take a coffee filter and place its decorative side down on the table. Stack other coffee filters on the top with their decorative side up.
- Now, fold the coffee filters in half and scrunch the middle of the coffee filters (beginning from the bottom).
- Hold the scrunched position of the coffee filters and wrap chenille stem tightly around the scrunched area.
- Straighten the Chenille stem so that it could be used as a flower stem.
- Make a couple of them and hang them on your friend's door to give them a surprise.
- Empty black film canister with lid
- Large (2") green pom-pom
- 2 Wiggle eyes (7 mm)
- Tacky glue
- Green ribbon (if you want to hang it)
- Take a tooth-pick and run a small amount of tacky glue inside the film canister around the top edge.
- Put the pompom into the canister in such a way that half of the pompom shows on the top.
- Now, spread the tacky glue around underside of the lid with the toothpick and place on it on top of pom-pom slightly tilted back towards the hanging ribbon (if you want to hang it).
- Spread small amount of tacky glue on eyes and stick onto ball.