“All those golden autumn days the sky was full of wings. Wings beating low over the blue water of Silver Lake, wings beating high in the blue air far above it . . . bearing them all away to the green fields in the South.” - These few words by Laura Ingalls Wilder capture the essence of the autumn season in its true spirit. Autumn or the fall season is regarded as one of the most beautiful times of the year. There is something very magical about the season, which has inspired poets and musicians since a long time. In the garden, the season is considered to be the crowning glory of the year, bringing the fruits of months of hard work and struggles, in the form of harvest. What better time can there be to have a wedding than the cheerful season of autumn!
Proper selection of flowers for a wedding; be it in autumn, summer or winters, is very important, as each flower has its own meaning and significance. Well chosen flowers will add a special touch to your celebration and can be used either for decorating or as a centerpiece and even for gifting. When we talk about fall wedding flowers, it is often the rich, fiery and vibrant colors that come to our mind. Bright colors play an important part of this season and this is very much reflected in the wedding themes as well. In fact, bright shades is such an integral part of the season that you will often find colorful fruits and leaves used for the purpose of decoration, rather than the actual flowers. In this article, we intend to help you choose fall wedding flowers.
Best Flowers For Your Autumn Wedding
- One option that you can never go wrong with is roses. These flowers have always been a popular choice amongst the masses and are often regarded as a symbol of love and unison. They come in different shades and add a lovely touch to any decoration and wedding arrangement.
- Another great option, which can be used for wedding decorations, comprises of orchids. Symbolizing wealth and social status, they are often preferred by brides, as they come in different exotic colors.
- Incorporation of lilies in your fall wedding decorations will be perfect, if you are looking for something elegant and stylish. They come in different colors, like white, crimson, pink and even pastel shades. White lilies are the best, if you are opting for a white wedding theme.
- The red and white Amaryllis blossoms add a fresh look to wedding decorations and are a delightful break for those who are looking for something special, besides the regular traditional flowers and shades. These flowers also look great as wedding table centerpieces.
- If you are looking for something that is elegant, yet very sensual and attractive, winter jasmine is just what you desire.
- Apart from these, other popular options for fall wedding flowers are Holly, Primula, Iris, Narcissus, Viburnum, Hypericum and Montbretia.