Coffee is not just a ‘drink’ for coffee-lovers, but an essential ingredient in their life that inspires them. It is the mildly stimulating effect of the caffeine in coffee that gets us going for the day. That is probably what appeals to most people about coffee. However, there is more to the taste of coffee than caffeine, which by itself is tasteless and colorless. It’s the refreshing feel that one experiences, after having a cup of brew. Wherever you are in the world, you will find people looking forward to enjoy their morning cup of coffee. Coffee is such a popular beverage that it's consumption is said to account for a third of the total consumption of free taps water. There have been memorable coffee quotes and sayings over the centuries. It includes quotes by famous politicians, celebrities, random people and anonymous coffee lovers. This article is all about such coffee quotes and quotations.
Famous Quotations & Sayings On Coffee
- The morning cup of coffee has exhilaration about it which the cheering influence of the afternoon or evening cup of tea cannot be expected to reproduce. - Oliver Wendell Holmes
- No coffee can be good in the mouth that does not first send a sweet offering of odor to the nostrils. - Henry Ward Beecher
- Coffee is the best thing to douse the sunrise with. - Terri Guillemets
- This coffee falls into your stomach, and straightway there is a general commotion. Ideas begin to move like the battalions of the Grand Army of the battlefield, and the battle takes place. Things remembered arrive at full gallop, ensuing to the wind. The light cavalry of comparisons deliver a magnificent deploying charge, the artillery of logic hurry up with their train and ammunition, the shafts of with start up like sharpshooters. Similes arise; the paper is covered with ink; for the struggle commences and is concluded with torrents of black water, just as a battle with powder. - Honore de Balzac
- A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent. - Unknown author
- Suave molecules of Mocha stir up your blood, without causing excess heat; the organ of thought receives from it a feeling of sympathy; work becomes easier and you will sit down without distress to your principal repast which will restore your body and afford you a calm, delicious night. - Prince Tallyrand
- Black As The Devil, Hot As Hell, Pure As An Angel, Sweet As Love. - Charles Maurice de Talleyrand.
- Coffee leads men to trifle away their time, scald their chops, and spend their money, all for a little base, black, thick, nasty, bitter, stinking nauseous puddle water. - The Women's Petition Against Coffee, 1674
- It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts acquire speeding, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - Unknown author
- I would rather suffer with coffee than be senseless. - Napoleon Bonaparte
- Good communication is just as stimulating as black coffee, and just as hard to sleep after. Anne Morrow Lindbergh
- I think if I were a woman I'd wear coffee as a perfume. - John Van Druten