Cabbage soup diet is a drastic weight loss program, which is aimed at helping you lose as much as 10 pounds (4.5 kg) of weight within a week. It revolves around heavy consumption of a fat-burning cabbage soup, which has negligible calories. In other words, the more soup you eat, the more weight you lose. The diet lasts for a period of seven days, with each of the days presenting the dieters with a specific combination of food items. Apart from these food items, they can only consume the cabbage soup and water, though as much as they want.
Cabbage Soup Diet Plan
You will be eating only fruits in the whole day, along with the cabbage soup, as many times as you want. As for the drinks, stick to unsweetened teas, cranberry juice and water.
Fresh, raw or cooked vegetables, along with cabbage soup, will make up your diet. Though the choice is yours, it would be good if you stick to leafy green vegetables and stay away from dry beans, peas and corn. In dinner, you can have a big baked potato, with butter.
A combination of day one and two, the diet on day three will include fruits, vegetables, and cabbage soup. However, you cannot have the baked potato. Unsweetened teas, cranberry juice and water can be taken.
The day is totally dedicated to bananas and skim milk. You can eat up to eight bananas in the whole day, while there is no restriction on the glasses of milk you can have. The cabbage soup will, obviously, be there for your consumption.
On the fifth day of the diet, beef and tomatoes will make up your meals. You can have ten to twenty ounces of beef and up to six fresh tomatoes. Make sure to drink at least 6 to 8 glasses of water, to get rid of the excess uric acid, and have the cabbage soup at least once. If you don’t eat beef, replace it with broiled or baked chicken. However, ensure that there is no skin on the chicken.
You diet will be composed of beef and vegetables, on the sixth day. Eat beef to your heart's content and have lots of leafy green vegetables. At the same time, stay away from baked potato and make sure to have the cabbage soup at least once. If you want, you can have broiled fish instead of beef, but this can be done only on one of the beef days (not both).
Brown rice, unsweetened fruit juices and vegetables - this day will bring lots of variety for you. There is no limit to how much you can eat, just stuff yourself. At the same time, make sure to have your soup at least.
Cabbage Soup Diet Recipe
- 6 large Green Onions
- 2 Green Peppers
- 1 or 2 cans Tomatoes (diced or whole)
- 3 Carrots
- 1 container (around 10 oz) Mushrooms
- 1 bunch Celery
- ½ head Cabbage
- 1 package Lipton Soup Mix
- 1 or 2 cubes Bouillon (optional)
- 1 can (48oz) V8 juice (optional)
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Curry, to taste
- Parsley, to taste (to bring in variation)
- Garlic Powder, to taste (to bring in variation)
- Place a pot on flame and coat it with cooking spray. Add slices green onions to it and sauté well.
- Now, add the green pepper, cut into bite-size pieces, with the stem, seeds and membrane removed.
- Cut the cabbage bite-size pieces, after taking out the outer leaf layers.
- Next, mix in carrots (cut into bite size pieces), celery and mushrooms (cut into thick slices).
- In case you like to have spicy food, add a small amount of curry or cayenne pepper to the soup now.
- For seasonings, use beef or chicken bouillon cubes and soup mix, if you want.
- Add 12 cups of water (or 8 cups water and the V8 juice) to the pot and cover it with a lid.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the soup cook for two hours. Finally, season it with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- You can add different herbs to the soup (like parsley) every day, to bring a little variation in its flavor.