- Lifestyle Lounge
- Beauty & Fashion
The cosmetic world has something to offer to people of all age groups and with different hair types. Bleaching is one such technique that has caused a stir in the fashion world and provided a great opportunity to people looking for a makeover or something new to do with their looks. Bleaching is a process, rather a chemical process that is used to lighten your hair tone. Bleaching is used to highlight the hair, to change the color of the hair and for enhancing one’s features and personality. If you are one among those who is tired of the brunette look and are looking for a blonde or lighter shade, bleaching is what will provide you with a different look. You can also use bleach as a means to provide yourself with an opportunity to color your black hair as well. Your hair is your crowning glory. Therefore, these tips for bleaching black hair are a must to follow to avoid risks of any possible damage.
- Plastic comb
- Hair bleaching kit
- Petroleum jelly
- First wash your hair properly with a good shampoo and then apply a quality conditioner at night before applying the bleach. Make sure to use a bleaching kit with volume 40 because you are dealing with black hair.
- Now put on a pair of gloves and take a bowl or cup to mix the bleach solution as per the instructions on the package. It is advisable to follow the instructions while mixing the bleach for desired result. Test the solution on a small, invisible portion of your hair to check the effects of the bleach and the time it takes to color your hair.
- It is wise to wear a towel around your neck and apply petroleum jelly across the neck line. Wearing a towel and applying petroleum jelly will prevent the bleach from staining your neck and irritating or burning your skin.
- You should always start bleaching your hair from the back of your head where the hair is at its darkest, working your way towards the top of your head. You can make use of a plastic comb to part your hair. Make sure that you coat your entire hair evenly with bleach. Nevertheless, you will have to be quick and careful while applying bleach to your hair. Avoid applying the bleach directly to the scalp or the roots of your hair as it will cause damage. It is prudent to have a friend to guide you through the process for safe and complete application.
- Put on a plastic cap on your head when the bleaching is almost complete. Apply bleach carefully to the roots of your hair without touching the scalp. The roots are bleached at the last because the roots bleach much faster than the rest of your hair.
- After the specified time period is over, rinse out the bleach from your hair and then shampoo your hair thoroughly. Apply a good quality conditioner to restore the moisture of your hair. Make sure that you don’t leave the bleach longer than the recommended time in the directions since it can seriously damage your hair.
Hair Bleaching Tips
- Be aware of the potential risks of using bleach.
- Make use of a good conditioner for a few weeks before bleaching your hair in order to minimize the damaging effects of bleaching.
- Make sure to get rid of any hair dye you have used before you apply bleach to your hair.
- Purchase a good quality and reliable brand to avoid any uncertain risks. Go through the instructions thoroughly before using the bleach.
- It is advisable to test the bleach solution on a small strand of hair and a patch of your skin for sensitivity before applying it completely.
- Mix the bleach as per the instructions on the packet and make sure that you bleach the roots at the last.