Juice is the undisputed health food, rich in nutrition and affordable for everyone. For the fitness freaks, juice is the ultimate ambrosia, fortifying the body with weapons, to neutralize toxins, and strengthen the immune system. Juice, rich in antioxidants, cleans the body, of all harmful chemicals. It is the best and most effective medicine, in the world. A body fed regularly on juice, can be strong enough, to resist many harmful diseases. Leaving the medicinal benefits aside, juice is also a comfort food. Nothing can beat the pleasure of drinking a cold glass of juice, on a hot summer day. People, especially kids, who don’t like vegetables and fruits, have no qualms gulping down tumblers full of juices. Almost all fruits, vegetables, and herbs, can be made into juices and the nutrients are far more in juices, than when cooked. Listed below are some of the benefits of juicing, which, hopefully, will induce you to seriously consider juicing.
Health Benefits Of Juicing
- The human body contains enzymes that help in chemical reactions, like digestion and adsorption. Vegetables contain enzymes, that get destroyed during cooking. So, vegetable and fruit juices are huge sources to supply the body with essential enzymes.
- Juice is easy to absorb, so the nutrients directly enter the blood stream, within minutes of being taken.
- Diet and diseases have a direct connection. The nutrients, that fortify the body, are found in abundant quantity, in fruits and vegetables. Almost 90% of juiced fruit and vegetables, can be absorbed by the body, which is very less in case of raw or cooked vegetables.
- Many day-to-day afflictions like nausea, common cold, indigestion, heartburn, stress, sore throat, dry skin, fatigue, can be prevented by supplementing the diet with juices.
- Orange juice is rich in vitamin C and folic acid. The risk of cancer and inflammation is immensely reduced on regular intake of orange juice. It is also rich in dietary fibers and antioxidants. On a regular diet of orange juice, it was found that people affected with high cholesterol levels, have high improvement in their blood lipid levels.
- Prune juice is very good in enhancing digestion.
- Cranberry juice has a chemical that prevents bacteria from binding to the urinary bladder and so they help in preventing, and also treating bladder infections.
- Plenty of fruit juices result in glowing skin. These prevent the excess oiliness and drying of the skin.
- Recent studies have shown that, fruit juice intake on a regular basis, decreases the risk of having a stroke. Also, the risk of cancer is also reduced on a diet of fruit juices.
- Juicing reduces the cholesterol level, and helps in reducing fat.
- Vital organs like heart, liver, and kidney remain healthy on a daily intake of juice because they are rich in minerals, proteins, and vitamins.
- Juicing has also been known to prevent colon cancer.
- Juicing boosts the energy, and is much healthier than artificial energy drinks. Energy from juice also lasts longer.
- Juicing builds up the red blood corpuscles and also helps in the purification of blood.