Are you a foodie? Do you like throwing parties and seeing your guests enjoying and talking over a table well-laden with an array of delicious delicacies prepared by you? If yes, then you must be always on the hunt for new fresh luscious dishes that are simply awesome to taste. Here is another scrumptious recipe for you to learn and surprise your guests the next time you invite them. Baked French toast is a lip-smacking recipe that is very easy to prepare. Synchronization of few loafs of bread, eggs, butter, sugar and different flavors are all what it takes to give you a mouth-watering appetizer. There are several baked dishes that one can make with a French toast. This article will provide you with few such dishes that you can make out of baked French toast. Read on to learn how to make yummy baked French toast and leave your guests cooing about your cooking skills.
How To Make Baked French Toast
Simple Baked French Toast
- 1 pound French Bread (diagonally cut in 1 inch slices)
- 2 cups Milk
- ¾ cups Butter
- 1 ½ cups Half-and-Half Cream
- 8 Eggs
- 3 tbsp Light Corn Syrup
- ¼ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 1/3 cups Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Prepare a 9x13 inch baking dish and apply butter on it. Arrange the bread slices in the bottom.
- Now, take a large bowl and beat eggs, milk, cream, vanilla extract and cinnamon together. Pour the mixture over the bread slices. Cover it properly and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, preheat the oven to 350oF. Take a small saucepan and combine butter, brown sugar and corn syrup and bring it to boil.
- Now, pour the above prepared mixture over the dish containing bread and egg mixture.
- Bake it uncovered for about 40 minutes.
- The Baked French Toast is ready to be savored upon!
Baked Apple French Toast Recipe
- 12 slices of Firm Bread
- 3 large Green Apples
- ½ cup Butter
- 2 cups Milk
- Cinnamon, for flavor
- 2 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 8 Eggs
- 12 ounces Cream Cheese (cubed)
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Water
- Butter a 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Set the rack in lower row of the oven and preheat it to 350oF.
- Meanwhile, cut the apples into thin wedges, leaving the skin on.
- Take a skillet and melt butter with brown sugar. Add water to it. Now, add apple wedges and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes, continuously stirring.
- Transfer the hot mixture in the buttered baking dish and leave it to cool. Once cooled, place the cream cheese cubes evenly over the apples.
- Similarly, cut the slices of bread diagonally and cover the entire dish by placing the slices over the apples.
- Next, take a bowl and beat together eggs, milk and vanilla. Pour the egg mixture over the bread. Make sure to dampen all the bread slices.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over it and bake for 40-50 minutes, until puffed and golden. Let it cool down for 10 min before serving.
Boozy Baked French Toast
- 3 Eggs
- 3 cups Whole Milk
- 1 loaf Bread
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with butter. Arrange bread slices in 2 tightly packed layers in a pan.
- Whisk together eggs, sugar and salt in a bowl and pour it over the bread. you can even add a flavoring of your choice. Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar over it.
- Wrap it properly with a plastic wraps. Refrigerate it for a night, leaving the bread to absorb all the milk custard.
- Next morning, bake the mixture for 30 minutes in an oven preheated to 425oF.
- Cut into generous squares and serve with maple syrup, fresh fruit, and powdered sugar!