The key to keep your skin healthy and beautiful is to use natural cosmetics. Chemical-based cosmetics can have a telling effect on our skin in the long run. Making natural cosmetics at home is not only a safer, but also an easier way for daily skin care, which can give you exceptional results. The best part is that you can exercise control over what is being used on your skin, unlike chemical-based cosmetics, where you don’t know half of the ingredients. Read the article to find some amazing natural cosmetic recipes and learn how to make your skin glow and radiate like never before.
Natural Cosmetics Recipes
Aloe Cleansing Gel
- 2 oz. Aloe Vera Gel
- 1 tsp Almond Oil
- 1 tsp Glycerin
- 1/2 tsp Grapefruit Seed Extract / Vitamin E Oil
- 4 drops Sandalwood Essential Oil
- 2 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- Mix all the above listed ingredients well and put the cleansing gel in a small jar.
- Using this gel, clean the face gently and wipe off with damp washcloth/ tissue
Facial Cream (For Cold Weather)
- 2 tsp Non-Petroleum Jelly
- 2tsp Cocoa Butter
- 2 tbsp Hazelnut/Jojoba/ Sweet-Almond Oil
- 2 drops Chamomile/Calendula/Lavender Essential Oil
- Heat the non-petroleum jelly, cocoa butter and hazelnut/jojoba/ sweet-almond oil. Continue to heat these ingredients on low flame, until the cocoa butter melts.
- Remove from heat and allow the creamy mixture to cool down at room temperature. Stir and blend occasionally, while it cools.
- Add chamomile/calendula/lavender essential oil to the cream and store it in airtight containers.
- Apply the cream on your lips and face, before venturing out in the cold and frigid weather.
Apple Tart Soap
- 4oz Glycerin Soap (clear & unscented)
- 1 tbsp Liquid Soap
- 1 tsp Liquid Glycerin
- 1/2 tsp Apple Fragrance Oil
- 2 drops Red Food Color
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Place a small pan over low heat and melt glycerin soap in it. You can also melt the soap in the microwave, inside a glass cup.
- Stir in liquid soap and glycerin. After the ingredients have mixed well, add fragrance, color and cinnamon.
- Stir well and let the soapy mixture stand for a few minutes, or until it begins to thicken.
- Pour the soap into moulds and allow it to set completely. You can also freeze it in the refrigerator.
- Wrap in plastic bags, to make the soaps convenient to use.
Apple & Cucumber Facial Mask
- 1/2 Cucumber (peeled)
- 1 Egg White
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Lime Juice
- 1/2 tsp Apple Mint Leaves
- 1 drop Lime Essential Oil
- Combine the first five ingredients in a food processor and blend well, until smooth. Now, add essential oil and mix well.
- Refrigerate the mixture for just 10 minutes, to make it slightly cool.
- Wash your face clean and apply the pack on your face and neck. Leave it for 20 minutes and then, wash with lukewarm water.
- Since the pack is made with perishable ingredients, it is best used immediately after being prepared. However, the leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.