Haircut is one of the most important aspects of a person's face, which can make or mar his/her personality. This holds true in case of a man as well as a woman. So, it is very necessary for an individual to have the hair cut and styled properly. As compared to women, giving haircuts to guys is quite easy. The main reason for this is that, on an average, men have shorter hair than women. In case you want to know how to give simple haircut to a man, this article is perfect for you. Read on and get great tips on men's haircuts.
How To Give Men's Haircuts
- Set of Hair Clippers
- Trimming Scissors
- Old Cloth
- First of all, you will have to invest in the right type of instruments i.e. a set of hair clippers. Before buying the set, go through it and make sure that it has combs with varying lengths.
- Next, go to a place that is not too difficult to clean. You can use the bathroom or a place that has laminated flooring. If possible, you can cut the hair outside also.
- Let the guy sit on the chair. Thereafter, cover his shoulders as well as back with an old cloth.
- Now, run the guide combs through the man's hair, in order to determine the one with the correct length, as per the length of the hair.
- Pick the guide comb of the appropriate length and attach it to the clippers.
- Turn on the clippers and start cutting the hair. Make sure to start at the bottom of the hairline.
- Throughout the cutting, maintain an even pressure on the clippers. This will ensure that the length of hair is even.
- As you cut the hair, make sure to brush the cut hair off the clippers and comb through the hair on a regular basis. This way, you will keep the clippers from clogging and also make sure that you do not miss even a single strand of hair.
- Now, remove the guide comb and aim it around the ears. If you don't have guide combs especially for trimming hair around the ears, hold the clippers at such an angle that only five or so teeth cut the hair. Make sure to follow the curve of the ear.
- Take off the guide comb from the clippers and use them to make a straight line following the natural hairline, from ear to ear.
- Using the clippers, trim the back of the neck, below the hairline.
- Finally, comb the hair and look out for any strand of hair that has been left out. Clip it with trimming scissors.
- Clean the clippers and sweep the floor.