Nobody can deny the fact that a man in a tuxedo looks dashing and very attractive. Tuxedos are never fading style statements, which can be worn for a variety of formal as well as non-formal occasions. In fact, formal parties usually require men to wear a tuxedo, with or without tails. They come in different patterns and can be purchased according to one’s tastes and personal preferences. While shopping for tuxedos and wearing them to a party is an easy task, it is the handkerchief that comes as the most annoying part of the ensemble. Why? This is because most of the men find folding a tuxedo handkerchief to be a difficult and cumbersome task. This usually leads to uneven folds and creases that spoil the entire look of the tux. Now, this article is surely going to change all this for you. In the following lines, we have explained a very easy procedure on how to fold a tuxedo handkerchief. Just go through it and find your task simplified to a great extent!
How To Fold Pocket Handkerchief For Tuxedos
In the following lines, we have detailed a conventional way of folding a tuxedo kerchief.
- Tuxedo Pocket Handkerchief
- First of all, you need to iron the handkerchief, so that it gets a neat appearance.
- Now, lay the square handkerchief on a flat surface, in such a way that it resembles a diamond.
- Hold the bottom corner of the handkerchief and pull it up, to meet the top corner, forming a triangle.
- Iron the triangle in place.
- Next, hold the right triangle corner and bring it to the top point.
- Repeat the above step with the left triangle corner as well.
- Again, iron the handkerchief, to ensure that it's smooth and free of wrinkles.
- Fold the bottom of the handkerchief, about halfway upwards, so as to form the base that will be slipped into the tuxedo pocket.
- If you want, you may iron the handkerchief again, to make sure that it stays in place throughout the party.
- Neatly tuck in this handkerchief inside the tuxedo pocket, ensuring that all the points are lined up.
- Firmly press the handkerchief against the breast pocket of the tuxedo, to get a smooth finish.
- There are different ways in which you can fold a handkerchief for a tux, like, the ‘tears of joy’ handkerchief that is usually worn by the groom during the wedding, the ‘burrito’ style wrap, and so on.
- Some other unique forms of folding a tuxedo kerchief are the Presidential fold, TV fold, One-point fold, Cagney, Astaire, Straight Shell and Diagonal Shell.
- The best type of kerchiefs used for formal events are the crisp white cotton or linen ones. They give an elegant touch and are easy to handle. Also, they have sharper corners that accentuate the points and corners in a better manner, when folded.