The sight of white, unadulterated snow looks divine and makes us gape with disbelief at its beauty. Imagine how beautiful will it look if your house is adorned with beautiful crystals of snow! A lovely winter decoration modeled on the real snow will look amazing and catch instant attention. Snowflakes made out of paper make a great item for decoration. You can use the paper snowflakes to paste on walls, cupboards, books, cards, doors, etc. They can be a nice decorative addition to the kids’ room as well. Simple paper snowflakes are easy to make. Though they can be made out of almost any kind of paper, colored ones add an extra zing to their appearance. Six points or six lines of asymmetry are to be seen in the most accurate snow flakes. Want to know more? Below given are the requirements and instructions to help you know how to cut snow flakes.
Making Paper Snow Flakes
- A piece of Colored / Plain Square Paper
- A pair of Scissors
- Take one piece of square paper and fold it in half diagonally. This way, you get a big triangle.
- The second step is to fold this triangle again in half, to get a smaller triangle.
- Next, hold this paper triangle with the longest side at the top.
- After this, you are supposed to fold the right-hand corner over towards the middle. This way, it (the right-hand corner) will lie directly above the bottom point of the triangle. Now, press the edges down tightly.
- Fold the left-hand corner over towards the middle, until it crosses over the right-hand point. Press the edges firmly again.
- Almost done! The next step is to cut off the two points which are jutting upwards, in a straight line beneath them.
- You will be left with a triangle.
- The tallest point will be the heart of the paper snowflake. Use your imagination to cut out a unique pattern on the paper triangle.
- You can cut any pattern / design on this paper triangle you like. For instance, you can cut swirls, spikes or maybe even a combination of both.
- The most essential thing to keep in mind is that you do not cut your paper triangle into bits. You need to leave some of the folded edge intact, so your paper snowflake does not fall apart.
- Paper is the easiest to handle while making snow flakes, as it is easier to fold and cut into snow flakes. However, you can use aluminum foil as well, for a dazzling decoration that catches the light.
- If you want to add more laces to the snow flake, make more cuts. The more the cuts, the lacier the snowflake will be.
- When you make cuts, cut from the folded sides. However, you need to be careful not to cut the folded edge completely. The snow flake will fall apart in that case.