Receding hair line, baldness, excessive hair loss and rough hair is a common occurrence among today’s youth. A bald pate is no longer the only domain of the elderly. Time was when hair fall and baldness would only start during the middle age. But, nowadays, due to stress, pollution and various other factors, even people in their twenties face the task of keeping their hair on their head. This has given rise to an expensive market of hair care products whose success is still debatable. What many people don’t realize is that lush and luxurious hair can only result from extensive care to counter the effects of pollution and diet. The hair requires nutrition and if the diet fails to provide it then it must be supplied through other means. This requires that you adopt some hair care recipes that not only strengthens the health of your hair but also saves you from hair loss. If you have not yet reached the bald and shiny look then the homemade hair recipes are very effective in preventing a bad hair day. Another very important reason to use these hair recipes is that since different people have different hair types the commercial hair care products are less effective as they do not address the problems of the individual hair type. In contrast homemade hair recipes boost the health of all hair types as the ingredients are natural. Given below are some of the homemade hair recipes that you can try.
Natural Hair Care Recipes
For Shiny Hair
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 4 cups Water (warm)
- Mix the honey in the water.
- Shampoo your hair and then pour this solution over the hair.
- Let the solution dry. No need to rinse it.
Fruit Hair Mask
- ½ Banana
- ¼ Cantaloupe
- ¼ Avocado
- 1 tablespoon Wheat germ oil
- 1 tablespoon Yogurt
- 1 capsule of Vitamin E
- Open the capsule and then take out the contents.
- Then add all the other ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Apply it on the hair and leave for 15 minutes.
- Wash thoroughly.
Honey Hair Mask
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil
- ½ cup Honey
- Mix the olive oil in the honey.
- Coat the hair thoroughly with the mixture.
- Leave it for 30 minutes and then shampoo.
Yogurt Hair Mask
- 1 Egg white
- 6 tablespoons Plain yogurt
- Beat the egg white thoroughly till it becomes foamy.
- Add this to the yogurt and mix.
- Coat the hair with the mixture and leave for 15 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly.
Egg Hair Mask
- 2 Eggs
- 4 tablespoons Olive oil
- Beat the eggs and then mix it with the olive oil.
- Apply this mixture through the hair.
- Wear a shower cap or wear a plastic wrap on the head.
- Keep for ten minutes and then rinse.
For Dandruff Control
- 7 tablespoons Thyme (dried)
- 2 cups Water
- Add the thyme in the water and boil for 10 minutes.
- Let the liquid cool and then strain.
- Shampoo your hair and then pour this mixture over the hair so that it massages the scalp.
- Do not rinse. Instead leave it to dry.
- 2 ½ tablespoons Milk (dried)
- 1 tablespoon Wheat germ oil
- 1 Egg
- Blend all the ingredients in a food processer.
- Coat the hair with this mixture and then leave it to set for one hour.
- Shampoo the hair and then rinse.
- Apply the mayonnaise on dry hair.
- Cover the hair with a plastic wrap and allow the mayonnaise to set for 15 minutes.
- Then shampoo and rinse.