The arrival of any festival fills a lot of energy and enthusiasm in children, as they look forward to the holidays and the gifts surrounding them. In this context, homemade crafts, such as clay pot crafts, prove to be some of the best gifts, which are cherished by kids for long. Such crafts can also be used to decorate your home during Christmas or Halloween. What else, the materials for clay pot crafts come cheap. These crafts are also easy to make and fun to work out, without making a mess. Moreover, they can be made by a child as well. Read this article to find some clay pot craft ideas to lay your hands on.
Easy Clay Pot Craft Ideas
Clay Pot Apple
- 3-inch Terracotta Clay Pot
- 3-inch Terracotta Clay Saucer
- Small Wooden Spool
- Clear Acrylic Spray
- Craft Foam or Felt
- Craft Glue
- Paint Brush
- Clean the terracotta pot with a damp cloth and let it dry completely.
- When it has dried, paint the clay pot and saucer with red color and let them dry fully. This might take 7 to 8 hours in the sun.
- When the paint has dried completely, make a face on the clay pot.
- Once it has dried too, spray it with the clear acrylic sealer.
- Turn the saucer upside down, to place it as a lid over the clay pot.
- Now, take a wooden spool and fix it on the saucer, so that it looks like a stem.
- Make the leaf by cutting the craft foam in the shape of a leaf and fix it to the side of the wooden spool.
- Let the glue dry completely and use the apple clay pot to preserve your treasure and candies.
Clay Pot Santa
- 3-Inch Clay Pot
- 1-Inch Clay Pot
- 1-Inch Wooden Head Bead
- White, Curly Chenille Stem
- Red Chenille Stem
- 1/2-inch White Pom-Poms
- Start with wiping the clay pot with a damp cloth and let it dry completely.
- Now, prepare Santa’s body by painting the 3-inch clay pot in red color, along with a white strip in the center. Let it dry completely.
- The 1-inch clay pot will be the Santa’s hat and you will have to paint it red, with the raised top edge in white color.
- Now, turn the 1-inch pot upside down and stick the wooden head bead to it, with glue.
- Paint the face on the wooden head bead, with a marker.
- Cut white, curly chenille stem, of approximately 2-inch length. Stick it to the wooden head bead, to make Santa’s beard.
- Now, stick the 1-inch pot on top of the wooden head, to provide Santa's hat. Stick white pom-pom on top of the Santa’s hat.
- Make Santa’s arms by cutting two 3-inch pieces from the red pipe cleaner and sticking them to the top of the clay pot body, with glue.
- Your clay pot Santa is ready.