The 3-day detoxdiet is a plan that helps detoxify the body by cleaning the colon, thus enhancing circulation to clear toxic substances from the body. It helps in promoting weight loss and protects the body from a number of health problems, like high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol, heart diseases, digestive tract problems, kidney problems and liver problems. It is important to have organic foods and drinks while on a detox diet, to retain all the nutrients and vitamins as well as detoxify the body. Include vegetables and fruits like avocados, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, cabbage, bananas, apples, etc. in your diet, as they are rich in fiber and help in naturally getting rid of toxins and wastes. Given here is an example of a 3-day detox food plan that you can consider following, while on a diet.
Three Day Detox Diet Plan
- Cereals form the food for breakfast. They can be taken in any combination.
- Prepare millet porridge and serve it with powdered milk and dried fruits as topping.
- Include a pot of any natural yoghurt.
- Have oats porridge topped with powdered milk, honey and nuts.
- Make a fruit salad comprising of papaya, mango and melon topped with sesame seeds.
- Yearning for eggs? Have boiled eggs and steamed spinach spread on white wheat toast.
- You can also have non-white bread by toasting it and serving with honey.
- Salads form the main menu for lunch.
- Prepare a salad with Goat’s cheese salad mixed with walnuts.
- Make a Mediterranean vegetable omelet by combining red onion, courgette, cherry tomatoes and peppers.
- Prepare a vegetable stew and heap it on toasted wheat-free bread.
- Cook non-wheat pasta and serve it with steamed vegetables and tomato sauce.
- Stuff a potato with feta cheese, tomato, cucumber, onion and black olives. Bake the potato and have it.
- Have raw vegetables with Mexican dip.
- Season raw fruits and vegetables with vinegar or any natural virgin oils, like virgin olive oil, coconut virgin oil or fish oil.
- Stir fry broccoli with a few nuts.
- Prepare seasonal vegetables and organic oily fish and serve it with a squeeze of lemon.
- Bake salmon with vegetables.
- Cook non-wheat pasta with olives and artichokes.
- Mash a boiled potato and serve it with roasted vegetables and fish.
- Prepare a light casserole with tomato and spicy cannelloni.
- Stir fry rice with vegetables and nori.
- Cook cauliflower with lentils.
- Roast vegetables like beetroot, tomatoes, courgette, red onion and pumpkin seeds. Serve them with feta cheese.
- Squeeze a half lemon in a warm cup of water and take it when you wake up.
- Drink at least 2 liters of water each day.
- Drink lots of lemon water, vegetable juices, herbal tea and green tea to stimulate the gastric juices.
- Strictly avoid tea, coffee, sodas, alcoholic drinks, drugs, tobacco and refined and processed foods.
- Avoid foods that are rich in sugar, wheat and wheat products and dairy products, such as milk, butter and cream.