Getting your child ready for school in the morning is a daunting task. In addition, when you find his/her clothes, shoes and toys scattered all around the floor and on the bed and dresses stuffed into the cupboard, your stress level is sure to rise. Organizing your child’s closet, at this stage, seems to be a tedious task. However, it won’t raise your temper, if you know how to carry out the work. With these tips, you will get a clear idea about how to organize your children's cupboard properly and remove all the clutter in it.
Organize Child's Closet
- The best way to maximize space in your child’s closet is by using two bars – one positioned above the other. Assign the closet bar, which is hanging high, for the special-occasion clothing of your child and the lower one for his/her daily wears. Shift the rod that is hanging high on the closet a bit backwards, so that you make enough room for the lower bar.
- If the lower closet bar is too high for your child to reach and hang clothes, bring it to the level where your child can access it easily. This way, he/she will be able to reach his daily wears easily and will not leave the clothes on the floor or on the bed, creating mess.
- If you don’t want rods in the closet, you may install shelves in it, so that your kid stacks his/her clothing, instead of hanging them.
- Place storage bins on the lower section of the closet, where your child can keep his other belongings. See-through plastic containers will work great for your child’s closet, as they will allow him/her to see the contents easily.
- Shoebox should be placed on the floor of the closet, where you will keep your child's shoes. Make sure that the shoes are placed in pairs.
- Place folded clothes, socks and T-shirts in clear containers, with colorful lids. Put these containers somewhere near the shoebox, so that your child has easy access to them.
- In the process of organizing your child's closet, it becomes important to get rid of all the clothes that he/she doesn’t wear anymore. This will help get rid of all the unnecessary clutter.