There was a time when vinyl blinds used to be seen in offices only. However, the trend has changed with the passing time. Today, we see them adorning windows in homes with as much grace as in offices. One of the reasons for their popularity is that they present a clear and neat window dressing. Then, they enable you to adjust the amount of sunlight entering your room, while allowing you to retain your privacy at all times. On top of that, you can install them at home only, without any professional guidance. In order to help you out with the task, we have listed the entire procedure on installing vinyl blinds, in the lines below.
How To Install Vinyl Blinds
- Measuring Tape
- Vinyl Blinds
- Sharp Scissors
- In order to get blinds of the correct size, you will have to measure your windows properly. For the purpose, take the measurement of the width of the inside of the window frame.
- In case you are wondering about the measuring the length of the windows, rest assured that most vinyl blinds will fit it properly. In case there is any excess, you can always scroll it up with the string.
- Keeping the measurement of your window in mind, you will have to purchase the vinyl blinds. As soon as you get it home, check against the window. This will allow you to exchange it in time.
- Now, you will have to remove the vinyl blinds from the box and unwrap them gently. However, do not interfere with the cords, leaving them tied just as they are.
- Decide on the placement of vinyl blind, by holding it up to the window frame. Following this, you will have to nail or screw 2 plastic pieces to the inside of the window, right at the top. While doing this, make sure that the opening is facing you.
- After you have made sure that the plastic pieces are securely in place, into the inside of the window, it is the time to position the top of the vinyl blind into the plastic piece.
- For putting the vinyl blind in place, you will need plastic covers, about 1 square inch in size. Slide them right into the plastic pieces. This will help keep the vinyl blinds from sliding out during normal use.
- Gradually, lower the blinds and let them cover the whole window. In case there is any excess string, cut it off with a pair of sharp scissors and then tie a knot back into the end of the string. The knot will ensure that the string does not get lost in the blind.
- Finally, you will have to attach the tilt wand and hook the long rod to the top of the vinyl blind. With this, installation of the vinyl blinds is complete. You can start using them now.
- In order to tilt the slats, you will need to rotate the blind wand to the left or right. In case you want to raise the blinds, pull the cord downward, to the right. For lowering them, pull the cord gently towards the left.
- While raising and lowering the blinds, it is advisable to keep them tilted open. For the purpose of cleaning them, make use of warm water and non-abrasive soap.