Have you ever gone to a party and often come without shaking your leg, even the least bit? Are you shy of asking someone for a dance? If the answer to the questions is yes, you have come to the perfect article. Here, we will tell you all about the ways for asking someone to a dance. Remember that most of the people out there will be feeling as nervous as you. You are not at all, an odd one out in this regard. Just be confident and follow the right steps. You will surely find yourself dancing the whole night. Read on further and get all the ideas for asking someone to a dance.
How to Ask Someone for a Dance
- First things first! If you are going to a party, be well dressed. It will add oodles to your confidence and make the ‘asking procedure’ much less worrisome.
- Next, you need to find a person that you would like to dance with. Search through the crowd and settle on one.
- After you have decided on your potential partner, it is the time to make the approach.
- Try to catch the eye of the person. If he/she is busy talking to someone else, wait within earshot of the conversation.
- When you feel that the person is sitting almost idle, break in by saying the standard line ‘excuse me’.
- Now, it is the time to ask for the dance. Just say something like ‘May I have this dance with you’?
- If the person agrees to your dance proposal, offer your arm (if you are a guy) and offer a hand (if you are a girl).
- Proceed to the dance floor together. This is the time to make the introductions, tell your name and ask for his/her name.
- Finally, try to engage in conversation, but do not talk too loud or too much. At the same time, do not forget to dance the right way.