- Lifestyle Lounge
- Beauty & Fashion
There was a time when getting rid of your frizzy and wavy hair seemed to be an uphill task. How you envied those who had poker-straight hair and how you wished you were born with hair like that! With the arrival of flat irons, it seems all your wishes have come true. You can easily make your hair straight, at least temporarily, that too within the comforts of your home. You only need to do two things correctly - select the iron and use the iron. As far as the selection goes, it has been seen that flat iron with a ceramic plate works better than the one with a metal plate. As for the second task, read on further and get tips on using flat iron.
How to Use Flat Iron
- Flat iron
- Straightening balm
- Heat protection spray
- Hair clips
- First of all, wash your hair properly. Flat iron does not work well on dirty and oily hair.
- Do not use any hair spray or gel to your hair, after washing them. This may interfere with the efficiency of the iron.
- Dry your hair completely, right from the roots to the tips. Flat iron might not work successfully in wet hair.
- After you hair has been dried, apply a straightening balm it. This will help eliminate any frizz and also protect your hair.
- Since an iron subjects your hair to high heat, it is advisable to use a heat protection spray beforehand.
- Heat your flat iron. In most probability, it will reach the desired temperature in the matter of a few minutes.
- Comb your hair properly and remove any tangles.
- Divide your hair into four sections, two in the front and two in the back, and hold them together with hair clips.
- Starting at the back of your head, take a section of hair somewhere around 1 inch wide, no more than that.
- Clamp the flat iron onto this hair section. Make sure that the iron is close to the scalp, but doesn’t touch it.
- Applying slight pressure, bring the flat iron down the shaft of hair, in one smooth motion of the hand.
- Repeat the procedure with the other sections of your hair.