Lint is a fizzy, fibrous substance that usually sticks to dark, porous clothing. However, it can easily spoil the look of almost any fabric, right from your trousers to your socks. Imagine having your favorite black dress spoiled by lint! What to do now? Read this article! In case you are wondering why, let me tell you that in the following lines, we have listed a number of ways to help you in lint removal. So, just go through them and know how to remove lint from your favorite and even not so favorite clothing!
Removing Lint From Your Clothes
Use Lint Roller
One of the best ways of removing lint from clothing is to make use of a lint roller. You will find it at almost any drug store, costing hardly a few bucks. It basically comprise of a roll of sticky paper on a barrel, which is attached to a handle. In order to use it, all you have to do is lay the clothing on a flat surface. Now, holding it steady with one hand, use the other to roll the lint roller against the fabric. As one section of paper gets full of lint, tear it and repeat the process again. Keep on doing this till the time you feel that the lint is completely gone.
Try Duct Tape
Duct tape is yet another item that can help you remove lint from clothes. In this case, a few rolls of duct tape is the only thing that you require. If you do not have them at home, buy them from the nearest home store. Unroll the duct tape and wrap it around your fingers, sticky side out. Now, dab it all over your lint-laden clothes. As the tape gets full of lint, remove it and replace with another wrapping. Keep on doing this till the lint is completely gone. You can also use cellophane tape, packing tape, and masking tape, for the purpose.
- Get a 3M green scouring pad and use water to make it slightly damp. Now, scrub you clothes with the pad.
- If you have an old single-bladed razor, it will prove perfect for your lint-laden clothes. All you have to do is use the razor up and down the clothes and they will be lint-free in no time at all.
- If you have the money to spend on them, electric lint removers are also available in the market. They are just like electric razor, but are battery-operated. Use them in the same way as the single-bladed razor.
- You can also use Sweater Stone for removing lint from clothing. It is just like a pumice stone, but is specifically meant for removing lint from sweaters and other clothes.
- Yet another method for lint removal is to add a cup of vinegar in the water, while you are washing the lint-laden clothes. It will help loosen the bonds between the lint and the fabric.
- If you have tried all the methods and the lint still seems to be there, take your clothes to a dry cleaner and get professional service.