Contacts lenses are a nice alternative to glasses, if used carefully. The colored ones can also be used as a fashion accessory. You can completely change your look, by changing the color of your iris, with the help of colored lenses. However, while using contact lenses, make sure that you do not show any lethargy or carelessness, as even slightest negligence in using them can lead to seriously injuries in your eyes. So, before using contact lenses, make yourself aware of the right way to wear them as well as take them out. If you are using contact lens for the first time, you need to follow some important instructions. Read this article to know how to put in contact lenses.
How To Wear Contact Lens
- Wash your hands properly with water and pat them dry with a clean and sterilized towel.
- Make sure there is no soap or lather of the handwash left over your hands or inside your nails.
- Take out one of the contact lenses from its case. Do not miss to check whether it is for your right or left eye.
- Keep the contact lens on the index finger of the hand with which you will be wearing your lens.
- Use your dominant hand (if you are right-handed, use right hand and vice-versa), so that your hands do not shake while you place your lenses.
- Make sure that the outside edges of the lens face up and none of them is sticking to your finger.
- Now, pull up your eye-lids, using the index finger of your opposite hand.
- Try to pull your lower eyelid down using the middle finger of your dominant hand. Make sure your eyes do not blink in between.
- Now very calmly, steadily and softly, take the contact lens towards your eye. Look upwards and do not jerk.
- Simply place the lens along your eyeball and then, gently move it to the center of your iris. Relax before you close your eyes.
- Now blink slowly, so that your lens gets set-in. However, do not make your eyes movement so fast that it dislodges the lens.
- Make sure that you do not have any kind of pain or discomfort in your eyes. If you even feel a little uncomfortable, simply remove your lens and fully cleanse and then wear again.
- Repeat the entire process in the alternate eye.
- When you take out your lenses, place them into the contact solution in the case and then close the contact case.
- Make sure that you wear contact lenses before applying makeup and take them out with clean hands, before cleaning up your makeup. This way, they will not come in contact with any cosmetic chemical.
- Try to keep your lenses away from direct contact of shower water, lake water, pool water, or smoke.
- Do not hastily remove or wear your lenses. In either of the cases, there are chances of the lens being misplaced.
- Never rinse your lenses in the tap water. It can cause great damage to them.
- In case you feel abnormal irritation or pain in your eye due to your lenses, immediately talk to your eye doctor.
- Even if your lenses are minimally torn, do not use them. They should be completely free of any scratches as well.
- Never ever sleep with your contact lenses inside your eyes. Properly care for your lenses and use them carefully.