Regarded as one of the most beneficial herbs in the world, chamomile is made from the flowering tops of the Matricaria recutita. It has been used for medicinal and relaxation purposes since ages, being utilized by the people in ancient Egypt, Greece and Rome as well. Its popularity grew with the passing time and even today, the herb finds its use in the treatment of many ailments, owing to its anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, anti-allergenic, anti-septic and sedative properties. It is mostly used in the form of tea and essential oil, internally as well as externally. In case you want to explore the benefits of chamomile in detail, check out the information provides in the lines below.
Health Benefits Of Chamomile
- Chamomile has proved to be quite useful in treating inflammation inside the body, which often leads to gastrointestinal problems, like heartburn, diverticular disorders, and inflammatory bowel disease.
- The herb is anti-spasmodic in nature. In other words, it has muscle and nerve-relaxing powers. This makes it useful in treatment of anxiety disorders, promoting relaxation in the brain and nervous system.
- Chamomile, in the form of oil as well as tea, is commonly used for treating mild burns (including sunburn), rashes, sores and even eye inflammation, owing to its antiseptic properties.
- Being full of muscle-relaxing properties, the herb can be used to alleviate the pain associated with menstrual cramps and muscle strains and provide relief.
- Chamomile has the ability to fight bacterial infections and speed up the recovery time, by destroying the very bacteria that cause them. It is also used in case of staphylococcus and streptococcus infections.
- The tea made from chamomile has been known to have relaxant properties. Many people suffering from insomnia drink the tea at bed-time, to help them get a restful sleep.
- The herb has been known to be useful in calming down the mind and easing fear, anger, worries and tension. Whether you are suffering from physical or emotional stress, it will come to your rescue.
- Chamomile herb, when consumed in the form of tea, can works wonders on people who are suffering from pain associated with nerves, like toothache, headaches, earache and neuralgia.
- Many people suffering from skin disorders, such as eczema, blisters, inflamed wounds, boils, dermatitis and rashes, have been found to have benefited from the use of chamomile oil.
- Chamomile essential oil has proved effective in curing several diseases, such as peptic ulcers, diarrhea, acne, depression, digestive problems, gout, and indigestion.
- The herb can provide relief from allergy, asthma, Crohn's disease, colic, cold, conjunctivitis, hemorrhoids, restlessness, rheumatic problems, skin ulcers, teething problems and ulcerative colitis.
- Chamomile tea has been proved to be beneficial for women who suffer from morning sickness. However, they should exercise caution while using the herb in the form of oil, as it might cause irritation.
- The herb has proved to be effective in healing mouth sores and preventing gum disease. Using a chamomile mouthwash can especially help soothe mouth inflammations and keep gums healthy.