Going on a vacation and exploring an altogether new place is so much fun, isn’t it! You get to see so many new things, try out different cuisines and meet interesting people. However, there is one chore, preceding the act of leaving on a trip, which puts most of the people off. Yes, we are talking about packing. It is a task that needs to be done calmly and at leisure, so that none of the important items is left back at home. In the following lines, we have provided the best way in which you can pack clothes & accessories in suitcase.
How to Pack a Suitcase
- Plastic Storage Bags
- Toiletry Bags
- Carry-on Bags
- In case of clothing, the order for packing is - shirts/tops on the bottom, followed by dresses and pants/trousers/jeans/skirts on top.
- First of all, you need to place the tops in the bag/suitcase. Do not fold them and place the wrinkle-prone tops toward the bottom, while keeping the less easily wrinkled ones on the top.
- Take put the shirts and fold in their sleeves, towards the torso. Now, fold them in half from the bottom.
- After you have made every shirt undergo the procedure, place them in your bag/suitcase.
- Now, comes the turn of the long dresses that need to be draped in the suitcase, so that the ends do not hang over the sides.
- Fold the pants as well as skirts in half, lengthwise. On a flat surface, stack pants and skirts on top of one another.
- Keep the most-easily wrinkled skirts and pants at the bottom, while the ones less prone to wrinkles, like jeans, will go at the top.
- After making the stack of clothes on a flat surface, fold it over in such a way that the length gets reduced to half.
- Place the stack of pants and skirts on top of the dresses.
- Finally, fold the ends of the dresses over the pants’ and skirts’ stack.
- Ties should be rolled, that too loosely, and kept on the top, without too many clothes on them.
- The best place for socks comprises of the one in the shoes.
- Undergarments should be packed in the side pockets, so as to save space.
- A pair of shoes be arranged in such a way that the heel of one aligns with the toe of the other.
- Each pair of shoes should be wrapped in a separate plastic bag and placed along the border of the suitcase.
- Toiletries should first be placed in a plastic bag and then kept in the suitcase. This avoids the possibility of a leak.
- Essential toiletries, like toothbrush, toothpaste, makeup and medication, should be put in a carry-on bag.