Who doesn’t want an even complexion and a light skin tone? There is a flurry of skin lightening or whitening creams and cosmetic products in the market today, claiming to make your skin lighter by a few shades, in just a matter of time. However, nothing works as spectacularly on your skin as natural remedies. In fact, opting for natural products is the best way to maintain the health and radiance of your skin. This article brings you some valuable tips for how to make your skin lighter naturally. Read on and try them out to see the results.
Natural Tips For Making Your Skin Lighter
- Slice a lemon in half and rub it on your skin, so that its juice is well absorbed. Let the juice remain on the skin for not more than 15 minutes. You can repeat the process, in case you do not get the desired results in the first time.
- Make a paste by combining 1 tsp milk powder, 1 tsp honey, 1 tsp lemon juice and 1/2 tsp almond oil. Apply the paste on your face using your fingertips, and allow it to remain for 15 minutes. Gently rinse off the paste with warm water, without rubbing too hard. You can repeat the process, in case the desired effect is missing.
- Take half a cup of oatmeal and mix some tomato juice in it. Mix both the ingredients, while keeping the mixture loose enough to be applied on the face. After application, let it sit for 20 minutes. Rinse it off your face with cold water, without rubbing it too hard.
- Mix 3 tbsp pumpkin juice, 3 tbsp green papaya juice and 2 tbsp pineapple juice. Using a hand blender, combine the mixture well to make a paste. Apply it on your face and let the skin absorb it for 20 minutes. Rinse it off your face, using warm water.
- Mix a packet of unflavored gelatin with 1/2 cup pumpkin juice, 1/2 cup papaya juice and 1/2 cup pineapple juice. Place this mixture on low heat, in a pan. Take care not to boil the mixture. Remove from heat and allow it to cool. You can refrigerate the mixture, to cool it speedily. Once it cools down, apply it on your face and let it remain for 20 minutes. Peel off the mixture gently from your face. Rinse with warm water. If you want, you can store the mixture in the refrigerator for 3 days, for further use.
- Sandalwood powder is also known for its skin lightening properties. Add lemon juice, cucumber juice and tomato juice to a small amount of sandalwood powder and make a paste. Apply the paste on your face and rinse off after 15 minutes.
- Potatoes are also believed to contain bleaching properties. You can use potato juice to get a more even complexion. It also works to reduce pigmentation and blemishes from the face. Daily application of this juice will give you the desired results.