Making toy for an infant baby can be a very rewarding experience indeed. It is in fact, quite easy to make an energizing toy for an infant. One can use simple everyday household materials to make these toys. These toys are inexpensive and can easily be personalized according to your own requirements.
But before you go about making these toys, there are certain things that are required. Here is a list of the things required to make an infant toy:
- Pens and markers
- Plastic Containers
Making a Toy Block for an Infant
- Use the foam and cloth to create a soft block. Now, wrap the block around and sew its end nicely.
- Remember, it’s necessary for the toy to stimulate the child. For this, use different textures of clothing.
- Now, cut the blocks from sponges to make various bath blocks. These bath blocks are very sensitive and can be squeezed even by the infant with the help of his small fingers. Also, since these are quite expendable, you can make another one to be used the next time, easily.
- You can also make some large bricks with the help of some empty tissue boxes and paper. Now, cover these boxes and make sure that you decorate them beautifully.
Making a Toy Kitchen for an Infant
- First step is to gather all the required material that will be used to prepare a small kitchen. The different items that you will require to create this are cardboard, scissors, markers, kitchen items and food containers.
- You need to be creative to create a kitchen. Draw an oven shaped door with knobs and various buttons at the front of the largest box that you have available at your disposal.
- Next step is to draw some gas burners which will give a feel of a stove.
- To make sure that your baby can make food during his/ her playtime, keep an extra box containing plastic and wooden kitchen essential items handy.
- Decorate the kitchen nicely so that the child finds it stimulating as well as interesting enough to play with it. For example, you can put some plastic food jars or some empty boxes which will give a sense of food items being kept in the kitchen cupboard.