Facial hair is found to be the fastest growing hair on the body of a man. For some men, facial hair or beard can change their look completely; concealing all the imperfections and making them look sexy and sensuous. There are different styles of growing beard - from soul patches and goatees to full ones. The pattern of your facial hair growth is likely to help you select the best style for your face. Now, if you are wondering how to grow beard, the most obvious answer would be stop shaving. However, it might not be as easy as it sounds. In the following lines, we provide some tips on growing beard, to make the process a pleasant one for you.
How To Grow A Beard
- The first attempt to grow a beard would be to prepare yourself mentally for the same. It takes almost 4 weeks to grow a beard. During this time, apart from facing an uncomfortable itchy beard, you might also have to answer some weird and, at times, silly questions.
- If you want to grow a beard, stop shaving. Though it is said that shaving makes your beard grow faster and thicker, it is not so.
- The timing of growing the beard is also very important. It would be best to start growing at the beginning of a vacation or a long weekend.
- Many a times, you would feel the urge to trim or shape the beard. However, restrict any such desires. You need to be patient to see the various stages of growth on your face, to know where it will fill in and where it won’t.
- The growth of your beard would depend on genetic and hormonal factors. While some men have hair starting from right below their eyeballs and extending to their neck, others have spotty or thin beard on their cheeks and chin only.
- Once your beard has grown to a considerable length, it might start giving you an itchy, red rash on your face. In this case, apply dandruff shampoo on your beard, twice or thrice a week. Applying some cream is also found to be effective in lessening the itchiness and redness.
- In the beginning, the beard would be stiff. Remember, it will soften only with time, after it has attained certain length. So, it is better to be be prepared for some itchiness.
- After about 4 to 6 weeks, you will have a fully grown beard. Now, trim your beard according to the look you want to have. Happy beard growing and sporting a new look!!