Has your partner been looking excessively tired since the past few weeks? Does his/her office pressure leave him/her utterly exhausted by the end of the day? If yes, then why don’t you help your partner relax a bit, by giving him/her a hot stone massage? One of the most relaxing massages in this world, it makes use of heated stones to relieve the tension and stress of a person. In case you are wondering how to give a hot stone massage, when you are not even aware of its existence, let us help you out. Go through the following lines and explore the complete procedure for this massage.
Hot Stone Massage Technique
- 48-56 Massage Stones
- Massage Table
- Fresh Linens
- Massage Oil
- First of all, you will need to heat the massage stone. The heating duration will range from 15 to 50 minutes, depending on the nature of heating unit.
- You will now need to prepare the setup for the massage. Arrange the massage table and spread fresh linens on it.
- Play some relaxing music in the background and then ask the person who is going to receive the massage, to come in.
- Make sure to explain the entire massage procedure to the other person, so that he knows what to expect from it.
- Lay down around eight flat stones on the massage table, at the place where you think the person's back will be.
- You will need to arrange the stones in pairs, with about one to two inches of space between each stone.
- Make the person lie down on the table, in such a way that the massage stones are on each side of the spine, but do not touch it directly.
- Now, pour a few drops of oil on your palms and rub them together. Now, apply the oil on the person's face.
- Take four little stones and put one of them on the forehead, one on each of the cheeks and one beneath the lips.
- Use some oil once again, this time to massage the person's leg. Following the massage, rub some stones each side of his/her leg.
- Take a small stone and place it between each toe. Now, cover the leg. Follow the same procedure with the other legs as well and both the feet.
- Move to the person's arms and coat them oil, using the effleurage stroke. Now, massage them with the help of some medium-sized flat stones.
- After massaging one arm, place a warm stone in the palm of the person. Repeat the step with the other arm as well.
- Remove the stones on the face, between the toes, in the palms and beneath the back of the person.
- Now, make the person lie down on his stomach and coat his back with oil, using the effleurage stroke.
- Place a few stones on the shoulders, lower back and the scapular area of the person, after the massage is over.
- Uncover the legs of the person and put a medium to large sized stone beneath the buttocks, behind the knees, and on the calves.
- Using very little oil, massage the scalp of the person, followed by the shoulders and the neck.
- Remove the stones from your person's back and legs. Perform an effleurage stroke and a nerve stroke on the person's legs and back, using your fingertips.